“Want to try again, good food and a couple of misses ”

Il Paesano Ristorante
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in North Bend
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We have been hearing great things about this relatively new restaurant. It's locally owned by an Italian family. The space is relatively small and they managed to fill every single nook and cranny with people which is a good thing since it's a very popular destination at least on a weekend night. The staff is extremely friendly although very busy which sometimes left us waiting longer than expected.

We went with a couple of the specials including a lobster ravioli which was good. We also had the filet mignon special which was flavorful but very much overcooked. I compared it to more like a pot roast. It did have a lovely Gorgonzola cream sauce which I would love to try again on some gnocchi. Another one of our party got the lasagna which was a very generous portion. Overall, not my favorite Italian meal and I can't rave about any of the dishes but I would go back and try it again.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had a very pleasant evening at Paisano. The ambiance was perfect for a rainy Friday evening. Lovely smells of fresh Italian food and generous portions of delicious dishes brought to your table by diligent waiters.
Paisano has a menu that most likely will satisfy most customers.
My favorite salad is their Cesar. The dressing makes it unique. I also love the linguini and mussels.
The tiramisu is divine.
Hope you can visit North Bend and treat yourself and your loved ones to a fantastic Italian dinner.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The pasta is reasonable-- but the other prices are high for a neighborhood place. I wish them well- such nice people-- but I have to say while I like the food , I don't love it- I wish I did- because all of them try so hard and are so personable. I don't eat veal so can't comment on those dishes- but the pasta dishes have been very nice. I had the shrimp which was a bit spare but tasty- should probably come with a bit of pasta with it- I have had side pasta in some dishes which wasn't flavorful enough for my taste. The steaks were high priced- I passed. The meat dishes with tomato based sauce seemed successful.. I noticed that quite a few regulars at other tables ordered those. I like the feel of the place- and you sometimes run into people you know- so it has that kind of atmosphere. I probably should give the food just three stars- but I like the people so much that I think they deserve another star just for giving the place the emotional ambience it has.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This family began their great reputation a number of years ago when they operated in nearby Snoqualmie. After a few years in Italy, it is great to see them back in the area. They work hard to make your evening special. Our group ordered three different entrees: Vitello Piccata, Pollo al Marsala, and Gamberi Mare & Monti. All three were outstanding. The veal was tender and the sauces were simply wonderful. Do yourself a favor and stop in for dinner at Ii Paesano Ristorante. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Although we drove right past the restaurant the first time we looked for it (no sign sticking out, just a flat sign on the window and it was busy traffic), we drove around the block (and found free parking just around the corner), we were glad we made the effort.

The restaurant decor is warm and welcoming, and the staff is as well. We were there on a Friday for dinner and it seemed like most diners coming in were locals and welcomed like family by the staff. Sort of a "Cheers" experience.

The menu was full of good options. For starters, my friend had a spinach and pear salad. The pear with sliced thinly and lightly cooked. She said it really brought out the pear flavor. I had Zuppa di Granchi, which is a hot pesto soup based filled with shredded crab. Divine! We decided we needed to share our main course, so we chose Ravioli con Salsiccia. We both loved the flavors and felt we each had enough with just half.

So that left some room to consider dessert. I can't remember the exact name of it, but it was a chocolate gelato truffle, again shared. Lip smacking good (see photo).

We were actually on our way home to western Washington after driving across the state all day. It was a really nice treat to have a sit down dinner with great food!

2  Thank TravelingFan22