Edgewick Inn(North Bend)
All reviewsfriendly managementper nightdairy freezebit datedbring your own
Reviewed 23 August 2016

First of all it's a motel not a hotel. The grounds are clean and pleasant, surprisingly quiet. We stayed here prior to running the Super Tunnell Marathon, we wanted a place that we could get a good nights sleep before a big run. We got what we wanted and a bit more. The room is designed exactly as you expect, nothing fancy nothing extravagant.

Our stay was enhanced by the owner, he did everything possible to make sure that we got what we needed. We arrived later than we had planned and realized that we forgot a few essentials. The owner provided us with his personal coffee mug and a hair dryer for the morning. The owner was charming, professional, courteous and supportive.

We will be running another Tunnell series marathon, next time we will stay here. If you're coming for a race make sure you ask the owne to arrange a post race marathon in your room, it's top notch!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 20 June 2016

THE GOOD:
The hotel is in town and convenient walking distance to several restaurants and the great soft serve ice cream at Scott's Dairy Freeze.
The outside is tidy.
The mattress was comfortable.
The shower was new and sink was relatively new.
The rates are very inexpensive.
The manager was very helpful and friendly, but some may find him a bit rough around the edges.
THE BAD:
The rooms are old, smell, and are dark.
The "decorating" is circa 1971 - dark wood paneling, popcorn ceilings with glitter, and lousy landscape pictures on the wall.
There are some longer term tenants who you would probably not normally associate with.
The WiFi was unreliable.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Given that the nearest decent hotel was 30 minutes away and $300/night (for a Holiday Inn Express), this place was the option that I chose. I'm not sure I'd do it again though.
THE CHALLENGE
North Bend is a really nice small town with real appeal for a weekend getaway - a nice restaurant, a new brewpub just opening, and plenty of hiking and biking possibilities. Who will build a nice hotel in the downtown area to make it even nicer?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Travelling all the way from New Zealand. This was my first trip to USA. I stayed at the motel for 3 weeks. Its in the centre of town and minutes walk to everything you need. Sure this place is not 4 star but my room (16) was clean and tidy along with what looked fairly new carpet. For the money it was everything I needed. It was a base for my daily outings. It was walking distance to Little Si trek too. Lee the manager was (is) fantastic, a great talker and pure entertainment. In fact I found all of the staff great. To wrap this up I will definitely go back to this motel.

Room Tip: Room 16 is good but if you need a larger room get the one next to it. Gets all the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We woke to Nates or flies all over the bathroom ... Awful !! Desk employees did nothing. Not even an apoligy.
Owner wouldn't even refund our money ... Worst experience!!
Could't even take a shower!
Stay away ... Health district needs to see this.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

I was traveling by myself and I couldn't make it over the pass so I decided to crash in North Bend. The owner was extremely rude, worst customer service I have ever received. When I got into my room my door wouldn't lock. I went to the office to ask for a different room with a locking door, he told me just to use the chain... I told him there wasn't one and he just laughed and said I could just leave but I won't get a refund. Then he reassured me that no one would want to take someone like me.
Besides the door not locking, the room smelled of bleach and mold, the bedding had cigarette burn holes, crumbs and stains on them and there was black gooey stuff all over the carpet. I will never stay there again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo