Edgewick Inn(North Bend)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Friendly folks, rooms are a bit dated but in a nice way for me...think Planes Trains and Automobiles when the place they backed the car into but everything works mini fridge microwave, bring your own alarm clock there is none but, clean, close to lots of eateries and stores nearby and really friendly staff. Stay here a lot when I have work in North Bend....get the King size bed/room., need an extra pillow or blanket, just ask James, delivered with a smile every time

Room Tip: King size bed room 15
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank david11142017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Staying in a 60s era Motel is a risk, at least every thing works, Within walking distance of a number of Restaurants. Also close to shopping . Beware there is a lot of noise ... Heat lacks, close to Mt Si and a state park

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 30 January 2017

The North Bend Motel is my favorite vacation spot, second only to the Davenport Tower in Spokane. It was built in 1937 and redone in the mid-60s. The double doors between some of the rooms used to be garages. Everyone there is so nice! The rooms are large, but the paneling makes them feel warm and cozy. I cannot tell you how many decorating ideas I've gotten from the North Bend Motel that I plan to put in my own home (especially the paneled bathrooms). I try to stay here at least once a year--everyone in town is very friendly! If you live anywhere in King County, WA, you can sign up for a King County Library Card and use the local branch. The Dairy Freeze is also incredible!

Room Tip: The owner is super nice--just ask!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicholas B
Reviewed 23 August 2016

First of all it's a motel not a hotel. The grounds are clean and pleasant, surprisingly quiet. We stayed here prior to running the Super Tunnell Marathon, we wanted a place that we could get a good nights sleep before a big run. We got what we wanted and a bit more. The room is designed exactly as you expect, nothing fancy nothing extravagant.

Our stay was enhanced by the owner, he did everything possible to make sure that we got what we needed. We arrived later than we had planned and realized that we forgot a few essentials. The owner provided us with his personal coffee mug and a hair dryer for the morning. The owner was charming, professional, courteous and supportive.

We will be running another Tunnell series marathon, next time we will stay here. If you're coming for a race make sure you ask the owne to arrange a post race marathon in your room, it's top notch!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 20 June 2016

THE GOOD:
The hotel is in town and convenient walking distance to several restaurants and the great soft serve ice cream at Scott's Dairy Freeze.
The outside is tidy.
The mattress was comfortable.
The shower was new and sink was relatively new.
The rates are very inexpensive.
The manager was very helpful and friendly, but some may find him a bit rough around the edges.
THE BAD:
The rooms are old, smell, and are dark.
The "decorating" is circa 1971 - dark wood paneling, popcorn ceilings with glitter, and lousy landscape pictures on the wall.
There are some longer term tenants who you would probably not normally associate with.
The WiFi was unreliable.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Given that the nearest decent hotel was 30 minutes away and $300/night (for a Holiday Inn Express), this place was the option that I chose. I'm not sure I'd do it again though.
THE CHALLENGE
North Bend is a really nice small town with real appeal for a weekend getaway - a nice restaurant, a new brewpub just opening, and plenty of hiking and biking possibilities. Who will build a nice hotel in the downtown area to make it even nicer?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business