Review of North Bend Motel

North Bend Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Bend
North Bend Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Bend
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The husband and I stopped in one night after making the trek from Yakima headed west. We wanted an affordable place to crash for the night. Now I have to keep in-mind, this is a Motel, not a Hotel. The bed was not the comfiest, cigarette smoke smell was permanently saturated into every square inch of the room, the A/C /heating unit didn't work properly, there were people coming and going all night which could be heard through the very thin walls. The worst part of this place was the shower - my husband and I both took showers in there, and the drains were so clogged the water pooled up mid-ankle. Had to make it quick as to not flood the bathroom.

I could imagine paying $40, maybe $50 a night for this place, but not the $90 I paid. It was convenient though and we needed to crash for the night.

The man that runs the front counter was extremely nice. He is the best part of this motel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed at the North Bend Motel last night because it was close to the Snoqualamie Casino where I wanted to see the "Happy Together" oldies concert and wanted a place to stay nearby so I wouldn't have to drive home at night. Like the title said, it was a small and basic room (I had room 16, so it did not have paneled walls) and the bed was surprisingly comfortable for a motel at this price point. I also think management tries to keep things as clean as they can, I saw the cleaning crew work late into the afternoon on some last minute room preps. The sink and showers worked fine, and the fact the plug in the bathroom sink area did not work I found a spot to charge my razor elsewhere in the room, so no big deal. The refrigerator went out during the night but I didn't have anything to speak of in it so again, no real big deal, this can happen in a 5 star motel or hotel.
What was the deal killer was there was stale cigarette smoke smell in the room from over time. Despite managements effort to post no smoking signs outside every door, on the rules sheet and even on the motel key to emphasize no smoking, I noticed several other tenants smoking right outsides their doors, which did not help. Whether that was why the smoke odors or from the time it might have been a smoking motel, or a combination...that was the deal breaker for me in the future, I will go for someplace else. However, if you don't mind that sort of thing, it is a good deal for $75 per night. I of course, had to put up with cigarette smoke briefly going through the casino to the concert itself, the concert was smoke free and I took a shower and changed clothes when I returned to the motel right after the event. When I first arrived the day of the concert it didn't seem as noticeable, as I had the back window open to try and air out the place, but after locking up for the night it became more noticeable by morning. Again, this is an OK place for the money if someone doesn't mind that and wants to cut costs, the owner even gave me a friendly goodbye from the window of the office as I left. How often do you see that in this day and age? It is not easy to own and manage a motel, and the fact that usually people on a budget that truly cannot afford a more expensive room do have a higher percentage of smokers than the overall population, and ownership needs to do what they need to do to stay in business. I did choose this place because it was close to where I was going, and I will admit it was also my decision to cut costs just for a one night event 55 miles from my home. Next time I will have to try another place and pay more.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Best location, good staff and owner of the motel, comfortable and clean room with ample parking facility. Due to centrally located more convenient for food and snacks, shopping and over all very comfortable rest before the next tour.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious as well as neat and clean
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kanwalbs
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here many times. Out of over 150 motels in my life, this is my favorite.

Great, friendly service, from manager. Housekeeper is great.

Excellent prices.

The best TV channels of any hotel, including about 40 of them, just for music, and all the old TV shows from the 60s.

Quiet. Good clientele.

One block to QFC, or 3 blocks to the excellent library.

I have had a good business relationship with the hotel.

Thank you.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Torrance10
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Friendly folks, rooms are a bit dated but in a nice way for me...think Planes Trains and Automobiles when the place they backed the car into but everything works mini fridge microwave, bring your own alarm clock there is none but, clean, close to lots of eateries and stores nearby and really friendly staff. Stay here a lot when I have work in North Bend....get the King size bed/room., need an extra pillow or blanket, just ask James, delivered with a smile every time

Room Tip: King size bed room 15
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Days Inn Bellevue Seattle
#26 of 29 in Bellevue
21.8 km away
Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah

Been to North Bend Motel? Share your experiences!