All reviews outdoor pool water cooler full kitchen living room box fan beach access get away off season tiffany ocean closet fireplace pet
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This hotel offers value for money for the stay. The place is located within couple of miles from beach and very reasonable rate. The room is very comfortable and staff are very friendly.

overall, liked the place very much. I have stayed in the same hotel earlier through living social deal in a single bedroom property with kitchen. I enjoyed my stay earlier too.

Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms with wooden flooring were little chill in beginning. But, after heating, they were very comforable.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ocean S, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for for the feedback! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We only stayed 1 night and the stay was just ok at best. The mattress was on a wood frame and no box springs so it wasn,t the best. The TV only had 20 channels which several in our room were so snowy you couldn't see the program. The staff was very kind and helpful. Both ice machines were broken so you had to get ice from the lobby which was kind of a pain but the staff were eager to help. Our room was clean and a bit dated but had fresh paint. Dated doesn't matter as much as clean so I was ok with the room. An ok place to stay but not the Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ocean S, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

We appreciate the feedback. Customer satisfaction is very important to us here at Ocean Shores Inn and Suites. I am happy to say we have a new ice maker and it is up and running! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I never write reviews but am making an exception because I almost cancelled a WONDERFUL 2 night getaway based on the current reviews. A little background, I take my daughter to Ocean Shores a couple of times of a year for a quick weekend getaway. We almost always stay at Shilo and pay a premium price but even Shilo is pretty old and run down and is only a 2.5 star motel. I found an unreal deal on Hotwire for a 2 star hotel for like 20% of the cost of Shilo...a 2 star couldn't be THAT much worse than a 2.5 star right??? So I booked it. Then started reading reviews and wondered if I had made a big mistake. It was non refundable per Hotwire rules and it was cheap enough that just not going at all was an option rather than driving all the way there and then realizing it was just too bad to stay in.

I decided to call the hotel to explain I would be traveling with a 6 year old on her birthday and would rather just not come at all than make the trip and completely devastate my daughter if we had to leave because it was as gross as some people claim. The woman at the front desk was amazing! She explained that they were in fact an old motel and needed plenty of maintenance but assured me the rooms were clean and functional and that as long as my expectations were realistic we would have a great time.

She could not have been more right! We had the best and least expensive trip ever. We arrived early and decided to check if a room was ready...to my surprise it was! Check in was super fast, the staff is SO friendly and helpful. We ended up in a room with 2 queen beds and a full kitchen that was stocked with everything you need, including pots and pans. The room was old with funky bright green carpet but super clean and comfortable. I have a bad back so was worried about the beds and once again, was completely surprised that they were AMAZING! I don't know if they had just replaced the beds in our room and it was a fluke but they were better than my bad at home.

My daughter spent quite a bit of time in the indoor pool and LOVED it. It was a decent size and she said it was the perfect temp and looked really clean and well taken care of. It was too cold for her to swim in the outdoor pool but plenty of other kids did and seemed to be enjoying it as well.

I would say the only bummer is there weren't screens on the windows and my daughter is terrified of bugs/flies etc and it was a beautiful couple of days so it would have been nice to open the window and let the sea air in but she wasn't having that!

I wouldn't choose this hotel for a romantic weekend away or anything but it is perfect for a budget friendly, clean, safe place right by the beach! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Ocean S, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This is difficult to write because the staff is wonderful, friendly, helpful, quick to try to make it right. The location, while not directly on the beach, was very good, conveniently located to beach access and shopping/restaurants. Unfortunately, the suites need serious remodeling. They are dated, but the most important part is the bathroom. The linoleum floor was curling up at the edges, there was an unremovable black something in the bathtub, and there was no fan, only a small window that opened onto the walkway. The TV in the living room did not have a remote. The staff tried, but were unable to find one that worked. We did not cook, but the stove burner pans were lined with foil. The empty water cooler was replaced with a fresh jug within an hour of our arrival. I cannot complain at all about the staff. I will say that the beds were very comfortable and the sheets were fresh.

Room Tip: This is an older, oddly shaped Inn. I think any room would be fine as there was little noticeable traffic noise or foot traffic.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Ocean S, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Shores Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Customer satisfaction is very important to us. We want our guests to be as comfortable as possible while staying with us. I do apologize about the remote situation. I have since ordered some universal remotes to keep this from happening in the future. We plan to tile all the bathroom floors, and install new carpet in the off season this year. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We booked a last minute trip to Ocean Shores for a Friday night. I selected it because this was the least expensive option in town I could find at the last minute. There was hair in the shower and many things broken, falling apart, and in need of repair and paint, especially in the bathroom. There were spots where the drywall had fallen off next to the door. I can't remember what else was available, but I wish I would have done more research and paid a bit more money for a different option.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback. We are planning to remodel the bathrooms this off season. We hope you come again next year and check out what we do!