“Fun place facing the Harbor”

Bennett's Fish Shack
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

When you visit Westport, be sure to climb the Observation Tower and then go to Bennett's for a cold beer and good food. The fish is mostly deep fried, but the portions are generous and the staff is cheerful. There is a deck outside facing the harbor and more sheltered picnic tables around the corner. You order at the counter, but the staff brings the food to your table, or you can take out. Yum.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The seafood place I wanted to eat at was closed by time we got there after sunset. So we went here. Actually it was probably a better choice. Because it was later, we skipped fried food and shared the Best of the Best, and ordered an extra clam chowder. Their signature salad is yummy! Their crab melt was also delicious! The chowder was good, but everything was chopped quite large. There were lots of clams in it! Only down side was the noise and it wasn't even half full. All the hard surfaces bounce the noise all over.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I was not impressed when we first arrived. Counter service to order was poor. Lady cleaning tables was helpful in directing us to a table she had just cleaned. But then my fish taco arrived and it was really good and filling. My wife was not very pleased with her clams. Thought the clams were small and not that filling. So, I give it four stars. If my wife were writing, she would be challenged to give it three stars.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

All of our group loved the dinner. When their food arrived it was hot and just perfectly prepared. The clam chowder was not satisfactory. It had an unusual taste and we felt they might have used powered milk.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for dinner over Labor Day weekend. We knew it would be busy obviously so waiting was expected. We just didn't know that we'd be waiting an unreasonable amount of time. People who were in line behind us got there food before us. We had to clean off our own table no one was cleaning. A staff person came over after we finally got our food and dumped the bucket off with our silverware and walked away. There wasn't enough for our party if four. Food was marginal at best. Nothing came our hot and the clam chowder was lukewarm. Disappointed that we waited that long and paid a lot for piss poor food. We won't be going back! When we got home I realized that maybe I left a sweatshirt at the restaurant so I messaged their Facebook page to see if anyone had turned in a sweatshirt and they read it but never responded back. Poor customer service! Worst experience I can remember in a long time. Don't waste your time and money and go somewhere else!