“Best place in town for pastry”
Review of The Bread Peddler

The Bread Peddler
Ranked #2 of 17 Dessert in Olympia
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 29 September 2016

We have gone to Bread Peddler for over 7 years. Consistently the highest quality and busy atmosphere of a place you know is great upon entry. Sometimes slow if you order from kitchen, but always worth the wait.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We enjoy each time we are able to make it over to Bread Peddler. It's geared more towards self service but they do have staff out keeping things clean. It's the perfect casual spot for breakfast even with little ones .

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Stopped here for lunch, based on the recommendations of friends who said it was the best bakery ever, anywhere. I don't think I'd go that far, but it was quite tasty--I had a croque monsieur with mushrooms that was delicious--and the baked goods were yummy, but not exceptional. Staff were friendly, and quick to offer us seating in the back/bistro area, where it was much cooler and less crowded.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

The baked goods are excellent, whether sweet or savory is your choice. The breads are good, but not outstanding. Whatever you are looking for, go early. The place is so popular that available selection will likely be limited if you are not.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We liked the cool, clean atmosphere of the Peddler Bistro. Slate walls, wood tables, cloth napkins, a nice wine rack and white china. However, the pricey fare did not live up to expectations. The verte salad seemed like nothing more than bagged greens with olive oil and vinegar for nine dollars, sacre bleu! My entree looked mouth-watering: pan-seared scallop with nicely chopped green and yellow squash, tomatoes, and greens. The scallops were done old school-cooked well, but I prefer them that way. The squash was perfectly prepared. However, the entire dish was ruined by being over salted. Later, I mentioned this to my dinner partner later, and he confirmed that his dish was also salty. Sadly, the apple dessert was too heavy with confectioners sugar, which made me doubt the skill of the chef. Perhaps, he is trying to cater to the American palate. However, for a fine restaurant, I would expect more sophisticated taste.

Been to The Bread Peddler? Share your experiences!