“Very interesting import boutique shop and eatery”
Review of Traditions Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Traditions Cafe
Ranked #45 of 367 Restaurants in Olympia
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Great food, music venue and fair trade import shop. Relaxing eclectic, with great food, wine available, and right across from Capital Lake which has a great walking area around it! Long time favorite for lunch.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

My daughter likes coming here for lunch so I decided to join her. She ordered a veggie burger which came with a simple salad. She enjoyed hers as usual. I ordered a bowl of the day's soup. It was potato leek with artichoke. It came in a glass bowl that was steaming. Also, two slices of toast were on the side. I picked up a piece of toast and dipped it into the soup and brought it to my mouth expecting it to be rather hot. Rather not. It was very tepid. I stirred the soup around and felt the bowl. The glass bowl was barely warm to the touch. I tried my soup again and it was just tepid. I looked at the place where I ordered it from and there was a line. So, I decided not to hassle with having them put it back in the microwave again.

The more I ate it the more I realized I was familiar with the soup. It tasted just like "Imagine's Potato Leek" soup. I could not taste any artichoke or see any artichoke at all.

On the wall that I was facing it talks about eating "real food" -- what I was eating did not fit the description on their wall. It was a processed premade food item heated in a microwave and not even to a desirable temperature.

Hopefully, someone from the café will read this review and change the way they offer soup. It is not hard to make a delicious, organic soup that is actually hot.

My daughter will continue to go back. Me, I have checked that one off my list.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

They have a great menu and several vegan options. The food is so fresh. I love their vegan enchiladas. They make their own lemon tahini dressing which is incredible. There is always a vegan soup on the menu too.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

It was amazing to find a place where a vegan actually has multiple choices on the menu! I ended up ordering two different dishes because I could not decide and both were absolutely delicious; I cannot wait to go back and try something else! It seems to be a reasonably busy place but we were served quickly and never had any problems with noise in spite of the number of people. It has a nice view of the capitol building and a cute shop attached full of interesting fair trade items from around the world.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

What wonderful Fall Saturday lunch. After a bad experience elsewhere we came into Olympia for a downtown lunch.
I'd never been to Traditions but heard many nice things. My family ordered from a menu of very healthy choices including quiche, panini, and soups.
Food came soon and we enjoyed the meal as we could watch the beautiful Fall scene of the Capitol building out the front windows.
This restaurant has a nice gift shop and regular entertainment. I'm also aware that the owner is a supporter of many special causes in the area.
This would be a great place to bring your out of town visitors for a lunch or dinner.