“A Hometown Favorite for Pizza”

Dirty Dave's Gay Nineties
Ranked #22 of 367 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We like to try non traditional restaurants and as much as possible stay away from chain Pizza Houses. Being a franchisee means in Hawaii you'll get the same one you ordered in Iowa. Its nice to have continuity, but even better to break out and see what else is available.

Dirty Daves has been a staple in Olympia area and was one we thought to venture into on a Saturday afternoon. The parking lot is huge, so I'd guess, though didn't see any, semis and RV's could park there, as well as family's cars.

The restaurant is divided into many rooms, some suitable for private parties, and seemed to be full at near capacity. Two large TV screens were showing college football games. Games machines were there for kids to attempt to garner prizes.

The walls are covered in music memorabilia posters, local sporting events of the past, as well as a SURFBOARD? Definitely something to keep your eyes busy while waiting for the order to be ready.

The menu gave choices of Sub sandwiches, various offerings pasta dishes, salad bar and variety of pizza. Guests are welcome to order any adjustments to their pizzas - include or exclude toppings to their taste. All are made 'in house', so are unique to this restaurant. Drink choices did not stop just with sodas - to celebrate adult guests, variety of beers and house wines also were offered (by glass or by pitcher).

They offer 10% discount to anyone over 55.

We ordered the BULL DOG pizza - fresh cut onions, pepperoni, salami, sausage and olives. The pizza was in abundance covered in olives, you might expect not to see any of the meats - but no, other toppings were well represented, too. This has a thin crust, which is not my favorite, but the pizza was served hot, probably 2 minutes since exiting the oven, and was very tasty.

Dirty Daves is not within walking distance for any motel/hotel that I could see, but for residents or travelers it is well worth a visit

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Walk in, order and pay at the counter, find a seat and wait for good food. A combination pizza with the usuals to include shrimp and anchovies. Yum. I have heard the hype and I was not disappointed. I look forward to my next visit there.

1  Thank Doug H
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Called in order, they answered the phone within 2 rings. Thoroughly answeres my questions. Very informative. Sounded busy from background noise, but never felt rushed to get off phone.
Used drive up to get meal. Parking lot was full but clean. Server was friendly, clean, counted back my change properly, engaged in Idol chit chat, offered each of my four legged companions a treat, asked and offered extra amenities such as menu - crushed peppers- parmisian, and another couple treats. Food was hot and fantastic.
Ordered build your own pizza. One half was husbands ingredients, which included peppers and onions, I can not eat these ingredients. My half of pizza had my choices. My only complaint is the ingredients of the two halves did not stay separate. I ended up with peppers and onions on my half. Unfortunately you can not just pick off. I have mild reactions and just very glad they are not sevear. Am

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Back around 1969 I worked a a Shakey's Pizza parlor where I had all the free pizza I wanted. But even being a starving college student I would go to this place in Redlands "Dave's Fabulous Gay 90's Pizza Parlor" and buy the best pie. Rumor was that the city fathers wanted the land it was sitting on and "Gay's" went away ... quite far away to Olympia Washington. So I finally made it here and had the pizza of my memories, the "Gay 90's Special" with cashews and all. Was it as good as I remembered? well pretty close. Some of the best cracker thin crust pies you can find. I'm just sorry I'm a thousand miles away.

1  Thank JimDodgen
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I was excited after reading the reviews but the pizza was kind of gross. Weird chewy crust, over cooked and mediocre flavors. The atmosphere is definitely eclectic. Lots of kids and noise.