See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I Visited with 6 girl friends to celebrate a 50th birthday. The quaint cosy resort located in Orville Washington just a hop over the Canadian border which shares lake Osoyoos . It was a beautiful cottage which slept 8 with 3 bathrooms and bedrooms. We swam in the heated pool and hot tub with a great view of the lake . Unfortunately the restaurant and store was closed for the season so had to drive into town to get groceries and supplies. I would highly recommend this resort .

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Patty C, General Manager at Veranda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you chose to celebrate your milestone with us. The cottages are great for sharing with friends. We hope to see you again soon at the beach!

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I visited Veranda Beach for a 5 day family getaway last July. We didn't want to leave! It really was a little slice of Heaven on Earth. It's a unique and beautiful resort. I have never seen anything like it. Their customer service is on point! We got lost on our way there so I called the front desk and they transferred me to Lisa, the Manager. She went out of her way to drive all the way to the small town of Oroville to meet up with us so we could follow her back to the property. She personally walked us to our cottage and held our screaming baby and calmed him while we unloaded the car. The House Boy, Namu, helped us unload our luggage. The cottage was quaint and clean it felt like home. The large pool kept the kids occupied while my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of delicious Veranda Beach wine while we relaxed on the beach. We will be back next year! It's a one-of-a -kind resort!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review, Tomhawkangel! Here at Veranda Beach we like to think of our guests as family and are so glad we could help out and that you enjoyed your stay! Lisa really is a gem - one-of-a-kind, just like our resort! We look forward to seeing you again at the Beach! Patty C, General Manager.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Our family came for a much needed escape from reality and had a wonderful time at Veranda Beach. The 3 bedroom cottage was immaculate with all the necessary fixings!! The kids had a blast hanging out at the pool and all the greenspace. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay more than memorable. Loved the 50's style diner and forced relaxation!! Looking forward to our next visit.
Bob P

Room Tip: Check out the Resort Convenience Store - very cool.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review, Bob P! Our staff are truly wonderful and we are so glad they added to your stay. Gotta love forced relaxation - we hope to force a bit more on you in the future :). Patty C, General Manager

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We rented a 4 bed house with another family - 5 Adults including our 73 year old mother and 6 kids. 11 Total. The house we rented was not rental ready. We had to run all the water for one full hour to get rid of the sulphuric smell which naturally occurs in the water in this area (think rotten eggs), I mean dishwasher, showers, faucets etc. while we all sat outside. More importantly we had no hot water for 24 hours, no showers for any of us etc. We tried calling the front desk from our home phone and external cell line, left messages no return call. We had to visit the front office twice the next day before our situation was remedied. First we waited for the maintenance crew, then a plumber was called - still no word from the office so hence our second trip to the office (after noon the next day). The solution was to re-house the 11 of us to a lake front property - while this was a lovely house, with no sulphuric smell and hot water, we specifically did not rent lake front due to having young kids. So we repacked our stuff and moved again - twice in 24 hours, we were there for 3 days with the 5 hour drive return. I requested a refund for our first nights stay on many occasions while there, when I returned home we emailed, I completed the survey - Veranda Beach made no effort to make amends to us for such a disappointment and inconvenience and poor customer service. In addition while the website advertised the store and diner as being available they were closed on Memorial which was a big disappointment also as we had no dine out options available. Nice resort, very poor service and a disappointment for sure as we were excited to visit. Note** the people at the front desk said they never got a message from us at all!! **smh** also we were told the hot water broke in between the cleaners getting our house "ready" and us arriving,,mmm... Stuff happens, just own it and I would not be on here writing a review!! The maintenance crew told us this was the first time this house was rented out, fine, but please make sure the home is ready for a visit...We stayed at house number 139

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank madserlee
Reviewed 28 April 2016

It was a fun, sunshiny day....Met up with friends for a motorcycle ride and we had egg/muffin sandwiches and then headed out. The decor is cute and the staff was friendly. Seasonal open only, a bit of a wait. Coffee held us over while we waited

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple