All reviews water street hotel shared bathroom third floor lots of character large windows outdoor deck up stairs top floor charming place overlooking the water an older hotel whale watching room was spacious old victorian modern amenities no air conditioning mary
Reviewed 23 May 2017

If you are wanting to stay in a Victorian style hotel, this is a good one. The hotel is in an classic Port Townsend Victorian building on the water front in the downtown core of Port Townsend. Built into the 1889 building in 1990, it is comfortable and has much character. If you are looking for modern accommodations, this is not the place for you, but if you want to try a hotel with vintage character, Water Street Hotel will suit you fine. There are some suites, some regular rooms with bath (shower) and some with bath down the hall. The bed was comfortable, air conditioning was provided by opening the window (but Port Townsend has fine sea breezes). Prices were very reasonable.

Room Tip: There is no elevator and the rooms start at the top of a 31 step staircase, so it is not ADA.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I loved this hotel. I stayed here as a solo traveler and the price could not be beat. Plus the large windows and in room sink made it comfortable and feel like a fancy old world experience. Though the hotel had little vacancy, the shared bathroom didn't feel overcrowded (I never saw anyone else), and it was very clean as well. A nice quiet place besides the creaks and squeaks from neighbors you would expect in a place of this age. Really charming place... I wouldn't hesitate to stay again or send other solo travelers there. Conveniently located as well next to all the things to do. Distinct lack of ghosts despite the Victorian surroundings was the only let down for me :).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2017

My boyfriend and I had tickets to go whale watching, and he surprised me with a 2 night stay at this cute hotel!

It's great if you are looking for something unique. He booked a room with a shared bathroom. Was fun to walk through the hotel, look at all the different rooms, the history and architecture!

The gal at the front desk was super sweet! Not sure what he spent, but he made it sound like it was a great deal!

Room Tip: Check out the photos to find the perfect room for you! So many to choose from!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I rented a one night stay during the off season on very short notice and was extremely pleased with the results.

The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful, letting us check out a couple rooms on our own to see which we liked best. It was only $75 for the night and would have been cheaper had we opted for a room with a shared bathroom.

The room was perfectly clean and had the essentials. No microwave/coffee maker/ mini fridge, which was fine for our short stay. There was coffee and a kitchenette on our floor available in the morning. The bed was insanely soft and comfortable and the room has a small flat screen tv.

Convenient downtown location, wonderful historic building, very quiet, fantastic views. I really can't imagine having ended up at a better location and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hccfl8
Reviewed 8 January 2017

This was my third stay at the Waterstreet Hotel but the first time in the winter. I had a second floor corner room with several old, cracked windows. I asked for a space heater and had it on full blast all night and the room was still cold. I wore a wool hat and down vest over my PJs to try and sleep. The bathroom was too cold to even consider a shower.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo