“Chicken and Waffles! ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I've never had this meal before although I've been to many restaurants that serve this. What the heck, let's do it. The chicken was outstanding and I mean outstanding. The waffle was a little tough and needed a sharp knife. It was tasty and I loved the cinnamon in the waffle. I didn't receive any hot sauce, though, and it was too busy for me to bother the bartender. I will definitely eat here again before I leave the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I heard reviews of this place nd i had to visit the food is tasty i had the meatballs they say it was spicy but it was fine very delicious also ordered the fries and they were great the one thing i did not liked was the waiter did not know what beer was local you know for a place like this you expect them to guide you thru the local brews.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We’d put off visiting Crockett’s for a variety of reasons – usually crowded, parking not that close and it’s a trendy spot. We should not have put off our visit.
We started with the fried zucchini appetizer. Hands down the best zucchini we’ve ever enjoyed. Deep fried to be sure, but the batter is light and crispy and the zucchini is piping hot inside. The garlic and lemon aioli works very well as an accompaniment.
We ordered the fish and chips and the fried chicken sandwich. The fish was fresh, flaky and very clean tasting. The batter was enough to coat the fish but not so much that’s all you’d taste when you took a bite. Ample portions of fish and we selected the hand cut potato chips to compliment the fish. Great choice. Thick cut and fried to perfection! I’m not a huge fan of tartar sauce unless it’s made locally and Crockett’s tartar sauce fills the bill.
The fried chicken sandwich was about as big a portion of chicken as you could fit on the brioche roll. Light and crispy and served with “rooster” sauce and Jalapeño coleslaw – simply awesome.
The entire place has a pleasing smell thanks to the mesquite grill and though we went at 7pm on a Sunday, they were very busy. Place was clean and the servers were efficient and pleasant. Prices were in line to perhaps a little less than you’d expect, but once you taste the food, you’d gladly pay more.
All in all the best pub-style restaurant we’ve enjoyed in years.

2  Thank 308brucew
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

I hadn't visited Crockett's in a year. Do not know why. Had the chicken and waffle and wasn't disappointed. The chicken was piping hot and well seasoned. However, the cinnamon and sugar waffle was the best I've ever had. The combination of carmelized sugar and cinnamon, plus the house made whipped butter, created magic in my mouth. Had some of the delicious chili lemony butter popcorn as well. Delicious! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Selected Crockett's for dinner while on a road trip. Friendly and courteous servers. We had the fried chicken and meat balls. Sides included Caesar salad, Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. The servings were huge and excellent! No room for dessert