“Not Up to Par for the usual Ram”

Ram Restaurant & Brewery
Ranked #80 of 276 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Went here for my birthday dinner. They DO have the best Reuben I have ever had. Since it was my birthday I splurged on Pickle chips for an appetizer. So disappointed. They were so overcooked it was disgusting. They might have been identifiable as pickles, but these were some shriveled overcooked pickle chips.I love pickles, pickle chips and if I hadn't known this is not normal- it might have ruined my pickle chip experience. THE HORROR!!! My fault for not sending them back. So why didn't I send them back?

Took well over 30 minutes just to get the appetizer...then 3 minutes later we got our meal. Fortunately the Reuben was absolutely perfection. I just wanted to enjoy my meal.

The service was not great. We had to practically beg for refills - water for my husband and ice tea for me. Guess we weren't drinking the booze so it didn't matter. Took forever to get our check, and then check out.

Restaurants have busy peak hours, 5:30 on a Friday is very busy. We got right in, but by the time we left the lobby was full. BUT YOU ARE IN THE BUSINESS to serve food. If it's not working for you- your manager probably sucks - because they can't hire the right people to get the job done during peak hours.

Will not give up on the Ram- like I said- the Reuben is amazing (when done well). But won't be going back to the Sunrise location. It lacks.

GameOn1971, Guest Relations Manager at Ram Restaurant & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Hello riverturtle,

We are so sorry to hear you had overcooked pickle chips and slow service! Would you mind emailing us at tripadvisor@theram.com so we can have a store leader reach out? Thank you.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We have been forever fans of all the Ram's locations in our area: Puyallup So Hill, Puyallup Sunrise, Lakewood and Ruston Way. This Sunrise location has always had the very slowest service of all but its noise level is usually pretty low. After maybe a year's absence, we returned tonight for dinner. We ordered an appetizer from the menu insert - a Poppers assortment of artichoke hearts, jalapeños and Serrano peppers with a dip. After a long wait, it arrived. Hmm. . .there were 4 artichoke hearts, some jalapeño slices, 5 lemon slices (also breaded and fried) and lots of breading crumbs and morsels. Disappointing, to say the least. I mentioned the appetizer was not a success to our waitress and the manager came out and reduced its price by 50% and said he would check the menu on the inclusion of fried lemon slices. I ordered the UW hamburger patty with au jus and my husband ordered the sirloin after the waitress said the marinated flank steak would be too tough to eat if cooked medium well. (The sirloin was very dry.) Some of my favorite entrée salads (Bighorn salad, chicken Thai and the cobb salad) are no longer on the menu, which is very disheartening. We have always had excellent food at the Ram chain but clearly that has changed.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I have been going to this restaurant regularly since it opened a couple of years ago. It is almost always busy. On a recent mid-week evening, the restaurant was less than half full and the bar was empty. Despite this, service was incredibly slow. Slow to take order, slow to deliver the appetizer, slow to take dinner order. It was nearly 45 minutes before we got our main course. And the waitress never bothered to check back on us. Had to flag her down just to refill a drink.

The burger wasn't as good as usual. I tried the Jethro with bacon and onion straws. The bacon was undercooked and the burger was overcooked. How does that happen?

GameOn1971, Guest Relations Manager at Ram Restaurant & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Hello Country-Hunter,

Slow service is definitely frustrating, and yes undercooked bacon but an overcooked patty is confusing! We would love to have a store leader reach out right away, would you mind emailing us at tripadvisor@theram.com so we can do so? Thank you.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came here for a late night bite and enjoyed our meal. The Bloody Mary was quite good as were the burgers and fries. The Ram is a nice place for a burger and beer or a cocktail.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We have been here quite a few times- almost every time the service and food were quite good. The last time we went was a week night, but it was busy. We had a long wait, the service wasn't very good, the food was not as good as usual and it was embarrassing as we were taking people out to eat. Very unenjoyable. Normally the burgers are my favorite.