“Loved the Green Goddess Salad”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #51 of 274 Restaurants in Puyallup
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I am remodeling my house and am having to eat out a lot while my kitchen is under construction. I frequently go to Panera, but it's becoming my all time fav. Fresh ingredients and home cooked taste with out the fast food feel and "ick" after you eat. Because I'm also glucose intolerant I'm always looking for great salads and Panera has them. Soups too. I love the chicken noodle (I just don't eat the noodles) and the tomato is sooooo fresh you can taste the tomatoes crushed up in there. My family loves the bagels and I always get a loaf of fresh bread for the kids lunch. So delicious my husband says that he toasts the heals for his breakfast, nothing goes to waste. Only complaint would be they are often out of regular cream cheese for bagels? Odd I find. Not too much of a deal breaker as I usually carry out and have it at home but I've brought this up several times and have seen no changes. I also keep requesting they keep more onion bagels on hand because they are always out. I guess look at it this way, they are a bakery that bakes fresh and when they are out for the day that's it! So I don't complain or mark them down when fresh equals excellence.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Came here with friends for a “quick cheap” dinner. Quick yes cheap no. Spent as much here as we would have at an actual restaurant (I classify this a fast food because it has a drive-through) and all I got was a roast beef sandwich and a small cup of soup. Sandwich was 80% Bread, 15% lettuce & tomato, and 5% meat. Yes the bread was good but not that good. I could have gotten the same quality from the bakery at QFC.

If this place was cheaper in price I’d recommend it as a quick lunch spot.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I appreciate that Panera is one of the few restaurant chains out there who has made a pledge about food purity. I don't generally eat out, in fact, I avoid it at all costs. But, if my husband and I need something quick, Panera is one of our go-tos. He loves their broccoli cheddar soup and I usually get one of their seasonal salads. The food is filling and nutritious enough. I've been to this Panera a bunch and their service is usually good. We've gone take-away, mobile order, and eat in and maybe had our order done wrong once. So, they have a pretty good track record with me!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

First - the service is terrible. The food tasted like it cammout of a wrapper, bagel and muffin pretty hard to screw up. Asked for the bagel to be toasted, took 3X to get it back while actually warm-ish. All the drinks (teas) were so weak it was just colored water. And there were numerous flies buzzing around the lobby area. This is over 2 visits. Done.

1  Thank Chuck M
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My wife and I wanted just a little something for lunch and have been here many times and enjoyed ourselves so we went to Panera . We walked in and I told my wife that I would like some French Onion soup as she was looking at the menu on the wall . When she was looking at the French Onion soup and seen a funky word with the French Onion soup . When ordering she asked the cashier about the word and if the French Onion soup was made a different way or the same way it has been for years which I liked . The cashier said the same old way so we ordered it with bread . My wife ordered her food chicken soup with a flat bread sandwich and off we went to sit down . When the soup came I could tell right away that it was different . I could also tell that it had been microwaved to warm it up because there was some spots of cool in warm soup so I mixed it together . The taste was also different to , it seemed not to have enough seasoning in to and not cooked long enough . My wife soup had warm and cool spots in it too but the sandwich was good .

Been to Panera Bread? Share your experiences!