“Good food”

Ricky J's
Ranked #90 of 275 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

We just decided to try this restaurant/bar.

The service was great. Food great too. My son had a pizza he said was fantastic. I had a great burger dip that was really good. If you like different kind of wings, they have AMAZING "salt and vinegar" wings. They are fabulous.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Heavy security on weekends. We always leave there smelling like fried food no matter if we eat or not. This bar needs a deep cleaning but it can be fun during trivia nights.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

We messed up and didn't make reservations anywhere good for Father's Day breakfast. As a result, we were left driving around the area, trying to find a place to eat that didn't have an hour+ wait. We saw a sign at Ricky J's about a buffet so we stopped. First of all, it felt very strange to be eating breakfast at 9:00am in a bar with dart boards and lit Budweiser signs all around. The buffet was small - confined to one table - and had very few options. None of the food was anything special - the biscuits weren't even warm. They began serving at 9:00am and by 9:30 they were already struggling to keep food in the serving trays. If you aren't capable of providing good food consistently, don't offer a $17 buffet. Skip it.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

There were four of us together for a late dinner, we all ordered some form of burger, one had the burger with halibut too. All of us thought their burgers were disgusting, they had sooooo much onion mixed in the meat it was just sickening. The best thing I can say about the burger was I'm sooooo glad I didn't order a double!!!! No way I could have choked that down. Just plain nasty! Honestly, we made our dinner out of the fries and the sodas, one point, the coleslaw was excellent but that didn't make up for the burger.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

This was the worst food I have had in a very long time. We got here Friday night around 7:04 PM. The waitress took our order we ordered 2 beers. Then we ordered our appetizers and meal at the same time. We ordered 1 mozz stick & 1 fried mushroom. They tasted very bland and just like the batter. No other flavor was evident. For the meal we ordered 2 pulled pork sandwiches with fries. Nothing crazy. After a little bit we got our appetizers. We finished them and still no food. Around 8 PM we asked our waitress if we could just get it to go & have our check. She grabbed our check and the couple next to us. She walked back out a few seconds later to ask which card was which (which was fine...I understand getting a little confused) but then she brought the receipts back to sign... My husband was about to sign and realized it wasn't our receipt! We asked the couple next to us if they received our check & they had.... Still no food. Waitress kept coming by saying they were boxing it up... 825 we finally receive our food. We leave... Looking forward to eating at home.... My husband start biting into his sandwich and gets a giant CHUNK of fat! I understand pulled pork having a little fat, but by the time he went through all of the meat, half of his sandwich was fat. It was disgusting. Our bill was $46 plus 6 tax and I'm so pissed we paid all of that money for such a terrible meal and service.

Been to Ricky J's? Share your experiences!