“Great visit”

Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Chef Japanese Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 287 Restaurants in Puyallup
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Overall, very happy with the dinner on a Friday night with the family. Completely last minute and the wait was only 15-30 minute. The steak and scallop was outstanding. I had medium rare which was delicious and the ladies had well done which was a bit dry. I would recommend to all.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The website looked great and the prices seemed high, but those of us who have been to such places know there is plenty of good food and entertainment. I was ignored for quite some time when I walked in and there were at least 4 servers milling about. That was a red flag right there because the place was virtually empty. I agree about the servers. Once I was seated, no one said hello and continuously walked by me until my partner got there. I was served a broth that tasted like beef and I'm vegetarian. When I asked the server, she confirmed it was beef/vegetable and then asked if I was vegetarian. I confirmed and she promptly removed it without bringing out just a vegetable broth. No one asked if I wanted a cocktail or beverage -I had to flag someone down for water. The table next to me was celebrating a birthday and was served a very small dish of ice cream with a small candle. If I am paying $30 for a meal, a little better birthday celebration would be nice. The cook poured most of my sauce on the table, missing the little cup and no one bothered to clean it. The food was mediocre and I had to pay extra for my protein - tofu with the vegetarian dish. For the prices they are charging, fried rice should be included with the meal. The cooks are fun and try to do their best, but I don't recommend this restaurant for the food or service. The owner is trying to cut corners and it shows from beginning to end.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I eat here every year on New Year's Eve and have had a great experience every year. The food is great and the cook's are really entertaining. The cocktails here are also quite good.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2017

This was, by far, the most entertaining Japanese cook-at-your-table chef of any place we've been (maybe 6 or so in our lifetime). He was fabulous and should be given 5-stars on his own. I believe his name was James. Very gifted entertainer/juggler/comic/chef. I wanted to give this nice restaurant 5-stars, but two major things got in the way: 1) The server was lackadaisical - no personality; rude in her disinterest. 2) The price was way to much for the value. Since the portions you are served are small, I would say their prices should have been much lower. Summary: Great ,entertaining chef, but I cannot recommend this restaurant, as it is way way way overpriced and they don't seem to care much.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The food is fantastic and plentiful, cooked at your table by an entertaining chef! You can order anything you want off the menu with lots of choices! They serve you soup and salad, then he brings in the food and starts heating up the grill and entertaining everyone! Great vegies, appetizers, I always love the shrimp and chicken! Great choices, like I said --

Date of visit: August 2017