“27th Anniversary Dinner”

Freckles' Gourmet BBQ
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Republic
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: Friendly, casual atmosphere with great food made from scratch. We feature daily chef's specials in addition to our regular menu. We serve a variety of beer and wine, including two selections on tap from our neighbor, the Republic Brewing Company.
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I have to tell you - this was one of the best steaks I've ever had. My Wife and I had a quiet, charming date just before closing. She had the 'Blue Cow' deluxe cheeseburger.
I had the 12oz. Ribeye. I had to force myself to eat it slowly it was so delectable. A few weeks ago, I had The Steak Sandwich offered by Freckles. This just one of those things in Life you just have to experience. I don't think Hemingway could adequately describe the immediate and powerful deliciousness of the proprietary Freckles sauce and how it combines with the steak and vegetables within such a savory package. We'll be eating there as much as we can.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We stopped for lunch and found this large, open restaurant, with top-notch service. I eat a LOT of fish & chips when I dine out ... my Dr. says fish is good for me. But the Fish & Chips at Freckles' were the best I've had in many, many a year. A light, delicious batter over Alaskan Pollock that was done to perfection. Absolutely grease-less!

My wife had a "burger dip" with a home-made patty that she raved about.

You can bet we'll be back!

1  Thank David Y
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

On vacation for the week and decided to try. My husband and I split the flatliner burger. It was a burger, pulled pork, and bacon in between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Oh my goodness. So good. Try their sauces! Our friends got the wings and loved them too.

1  Thank BLT117
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Most restaurants in this small town seem to have pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I've been to a number of them in the past, and would not have rated most quite as favorably. Freckles will be my new favorite spot in this town.
We enjoyed the Friday evening fish taco special. The pico de gallo was the best--so fresh and flavourful. My preference for fish taco's is grilled fish, but even though this was deep fried, it was very good.
I don't think they have air conditioning, but there were several fans going on this hot summer evening that kept the room temperature pleasant.
Service was efficient and friendly. Washrooms were clean with even a cannister of citrus air freshner available for use.
I will certainly be back to try some of the other menu selections that I didn't have a chance to experience.

1  Thank YuccaBC
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived 5 minutes before closing but the kind lady allowed us to order and sit in. Food was very reasonable and huge quantity as is the norm in US. Very amiable staff.

1  Thank Sarah D

Been to Freckles' Gourmet BBQ? Share your experiences!