“Truly Amazing Experience”

Bookwalter Winery
Ranked #7 of 173 Restaurants in Richland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Join us for lunch, dinner, or Sunday brunch! J. Bookwalter specializes in producing some of Washington’s finest wines through meticulous winemaking and exceptional vineyard sources. The winery’s tasting room in Richland includes a full-service restaurant, Fiction, and was named one of the best tasting rooms in the United States by Sunset magazine. Fiction serves lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch featuring local ingredient-driven dishes such as wild Pacific halibut, Snake River Waygu beef strip loin and Draper Valley chicken and mushrooms. Live music sets the soundtrack several nights per week at the restaurant and winery.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

This was our first time here and it did not disappoint. I chose the chili lime steak tacos and my wife went with the Steelhead Risotto. The tacos are perfectly spiced with just a little heat to let you know there is a reason why Chili is in its name, but it doesn't take away from the flavor of the steak. Next time i'm going with the full steak! The steelhead was just as good but for my tastes, there was a bit too much of the Risotto. Not that it tasted bad, but just too much for one person to eat...in my opinion.

Eating on the patio adds to the experience, but note half of the patio is for wine club members and the other half is for non-members. Members get a much nicer view and much softer chairs. And i do have to mention the menu prices are higher than other nearby restaurants but given the quality of the food and atmosphere, its worth splurging. i would also recommend calling for reservations to guarantee a table.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

By recommendation of several friends, I took my wife here for a birthday dinner with another couple. I called and made reservations the night before and they had plenty of time slots and space available. The hostess was very sweet and showed us to our table even though we were 30 minutes early. We sat on the patio where they had live music, very comfortable patio furniture and umbrellas for shade. Our server Brandon was polite, informative and very prompt with everything. We enjoyed a mix of wines and cocktails and a couple of appetizers before dinner. All of our entrée selections were fantastic and they brought my wife a dessert for her birthday. Great experience and I would recommend it highly.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

A first time visit to the Bookwalter for a meal and had a fabulous experience. Great food and good service. Recommend and we will definitely revisit when in the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The patio is a nice place to sit and relax and enjoy the wines and the food. We had a very good salad and sandwich along with very good wine. Since we were outside and not in the tasting area we ended up just ordering glasses instead of a flight or tasting.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I'll state up front that this is not my favorite winery to eat at. The food isn't bad but the place can get fairly crowded and the wait staff has been a bit lacking. That said, they have some outstanding wine and that is worth the trip for me. As a struggling writer, I love that the wines are named for writing terms. Makes me chuckle!