All reviews large vanity central link road noise short drive check in was easy comfortable stay wi fi convenient location bed was comfortable kleenex terminal
Reviewed 29 July 2017

As my flight was due in around midnight and with it being my first visit to Seattle, I needed somewhere within walking distance to the airport that was also within my budget for the few hours I was going to spend there catching up on sleep.

Motel 6 was an easy 10 minute walk away from the airport running alongside the main road. The staff member that greeted me on arrival was both warm and efficient and I was checked in and heading to my room within a matter of minutes. The room itself I found to be basic and clean - the room did smell fairly strong of disinfectant.

The only downside to my stay was the noise. My room was located on the ground floor overlooking the carpark and with the walls being so thin you can imagine the volume of traffic I could hear from both the road and other guests walking past my door.

Motel 6 was ideal for my first night however I wouldn't have been happy to stay any longer, I value my sleep and the peace and quiet too much.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Becky, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for recognizing our friendly staff. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

A decent place for a night while in-transit. Room floor covered with engineering wood so it looks clean, bright, and no smell like typical carpet floor. The only thing bad is the bed cover. It had several big cigarette burning holes (this is a non-smoking room), so obvious that once you stepped in the room, you noticed them right away, no need to look for them. The location is very good, across from the SEATAC long term parking lot where you can leave the airport to rest for a night and come back to continue the journey. If the motel replaces the bed cover, it would make better impression.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank phuo2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

loaction is near car rental, easy to return car then go to airport. Also just loacted by highway JCT. The room is clear and fair price. It is a good choice when you go to Seattle and just want a place to stay/sleep.

Room Tip: It is a good choice when you go to Seattle and just want a place to stay/sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I spent two days in Seattle with my sisters and her husband and stayed here. The front desk was very nice and accommodating. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a laundry room right next to us, which I liked and the room was right next to the airport. Had a nice stay in Seattle for an affordable price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I was reminded why Motel 6 is a poor choice. First of all, the good -- the office staff was consistently friendly, cheerful, polite, and helpful. The bad -- everything else. The facilities are in bad shape with crumbling stairs and a run-down look. My room absolutely reeked of strong, industrial-type disinfectant, and when I left, all my clothes smelled that way too. In the room, there were burn marks on many of the surfaces. The bedspread was torn and stained, and the mattress was so worn that I slept in a trough-like depression.

When I made my reservation, I specifically asked for a second-floor room on the back side. So of course (sarcasm) they gave me a first-floor room on the street side. The clerk obligingly and quickly changed it for me, so why couldn't that have been done right in the first place? Even being so close to Sea-Tac, the airport noise wasn't bad if I kept the air conditioner on all the time. There is no free wi-fi.

I guess if you only need a one-night place to sleep before going to or from the airport this would be tolerable (but warning, there's no shuttle and you either have to walk or call a cab) but otherwise it's a big no.

Room Tip: Back side (away from street side) is quieter, but it's creepy after dark.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear MT_Travel_Mom, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.