“Lovely date night experience”

scratch restaurant and rain lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
scratch restaurant and rain lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 929 Restaurants in Spokane
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 30 March 2018

It was not a busy night so we got our pick of table. There is a nice, more private, 2 person table up by the window. It's separated from the front door by a low wall so you don't have people waiting standing right next to your table.
There is a large cocktail list but we went with classic martinis, sapphire and cosmo. All the martinis are doubles. Both were made very well.
There was one entree special and one soup of the day. We had a Caesar salad and Crab chowder. The caesar was fine, but a bonus was the addition of extra anchovies when asked for. The crab chowder was creamy crab goodness with potato chunks.
Main entrees were the rabbit and tenderloin. The rabbit had good taste but was a little chewy. The risotto served with it was excellent. The tenderloin was cooked perfectly to my request in a rich beefy sauce and the side dish of sweet potatoes au gratin was cheesy and delicious. Both came with asparagus, also very good.
The wine list is a good one with a wide variety of types of wine and prices.
We couldn't fit in desert so can't review.
The service was excellent. Attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The food came out well paced.
This is a great place to go if you're seeing something at the fox (right across the street) or are hanging out in the entertainment area downtown. You can come here dressed up or casual.
I'd like to go back and try lunch here and we'd definitely come back if seeing a show or doing something nearby.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I've visited Scratch with friends for both lunch and dinner, having very different food experiences each time. With friends over a Valentine's Day lunch, it was signature salad and fish tacos. So delicious. Everything was prepared to perfection and we all tremendously enjoyed the meal. For the second visit during restaurant week, we were very glad we made reservations in advance! The last Saturday of restaurant week was packed with people. I enjoyed signature salad (again.. It's that good!), smoked duck with risotto and a flan dessert paired with One Tree hard cider, which is a new addiction. The courses were paced perfectly, the waitress did a fantastic job and the food was unreal. Scratch is my new favorite downtown restaurant.

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Another excellent dinner at Scratch, this time it was the rabbit! It was perfectly cooked and worked very well with the risotto! Service was also perfect, highly recomeded!

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Scratch is a bright spot in a dismally run down section of west first. Abandoned and graffiti scrawled storefronts and in the middle, a trendy, fresh restaurant. My waitress, Kaycee, was very helpful and friendly.
And now...the food. I ordered the meat and cheese board, which sounded awesome. When it arrived it was clearly a hodgepodge of leftovers. The cook didn't even attempt to arrange the food attractively. And- I'm a complete saltaholic, I even re-salt movie popcorn. But this food was so salty it made me gag. I was slurping water for the rest of the day. I'd say that with a bit more attention to detail, this place might succeed.

2  Thank Noranicolaysen
Reviewed 29 December 2017

You will not believe the amazingly delicious food that awaits you. I would advise you to save room for the most amazing cheesecake you have ever had. I stay up at night thinking about it.