Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
First time zip lining

The zip line tour at Skamania Lodge was so fun! Being my first time zip lining, I really... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
SarahFunAdventures
via mobile
Totally awesome!

The whole thing was a blast! Never a dull moment the guides were awesome and the ziplines were so... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
anthanyg2021
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Stevenson
from US$50.00
from US$85.00
from US$80.00
1,022 results
All reviews aerial park skamania lodge axe throwing super fun fear of heights a lot of fun bucket list an awesome experience an adventure all ages two hours beautiful scenery safety blast lori trees platform
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This will be a two-part review, one for the Zip Line tour, and one for the Axe Throwing "class". We did not partake in the Aerial Course this time, but after our experience the other day, we *will* be back for that.

And now, onto the review!:

Zip Line tour:

My wife and I decided to do something adventurous for our 1 year wedding anniversary, so we booked a room at Skamania Lodge, and signed ourselves up for both the Zip Line Tour, and Axe Throwing the following day.

Despite the weather trying to conspire against us, things turned out incredible! We suited up into our harnesses with the expert instruction of Savannah and Kennedy, our guides for the day. Once equipped, we ascended into the misty canopy and were clipped onto heavy steel cables by our carabiners. The bravest among us immediately began testing our nerves and the strength of our restraints, leaning back and dangling over the edges of our treetop platforms, gazing down at the forest floor dozens of feet below us.

There are seven zip lines in all, taking a grand total of about 100 minutes to navigate, due to the security and complexity of unhooking and securing a pair of carabiners and harnesses for each adventurer, before and after each descent. There is also one completely vertical descent, controlled by a mechanical pulley, that requires you to step off of a perfectly sturdy ledge and freefall for a half-second before the mechanism takes hold and slowly guides you downward. For some, this is the most difficult part of the trek (as we witnessed when one of our party took several minutes to be convinced it was safe). Other highlights include a few suspended bridges and similarly treacherous portions that must be navigated on (wobbly) foot.

You will spend far more time on an elevated platform than actual zip-lining, but that is fun in and of itself, particularly if you are unafraid of heights as I am. Watching other people's varying reactions to the experience is worth at least part of the price of admission. Definitely recommended for pretty much anyone tall enough to fit in a harness, adult and teen alike...and *especially* for all of you acrophobes! Come on, live a little! It's not the fall that kills you anyway, it's the sudden stop at the bottom. Strap in, and you'll be fine! You might even enjoy it! We sure as hell did!

Axe Throwing:

Despite all classes being completely full during the entirety of our stay, a call to the front desk ended up with us being transferred to Shayne, the instructor, who offered to stay behind and host a special session for just us, after his last class on Monday. We gratefully and immediately accepted!

With just the two of us, Shayne gave us careful instruction and tips on everything from stance, grip and throw distance, as well as encouragement and humor. He's a fantastic instructor, and we had a complete blast! Also, I am obliged to state that my wife beat me at two of the three games that Scott refereed for us, making her the Van Camp Axe Throwing Champion! Yeah, she's totally not going to rub THAT in my face!

I highly recommend both the Zip Line and Axe Throwing experiences, each for a different reason. The former will get your blood pumping and challenge your bravery, while the latter is just pure, unadulterated fun. If throwing otherwise deadly and dangerous objects doesn't spark a fire of competition and mischievous glee in your heart, you're boring! Look, just do it, okay? I won't axe you twice. #dadjoke

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was pretty cool. A lot less nervous once I was actually there and a lot of fun. Bring a friend or more and really have fun!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff for all three activities were engaging and funny. When it came to the Zipline they made everyone really relaxed. It was very cool moving between/on the trees.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our guides, Shane and Noah were AMAZEBALLS!!! My boyfriend is profoundly deaf and they made sure he was safe and informed and having a great time. They were both supportive and patient with my fear of heights and timidity. It was a fabulous experience and we can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

If you are considering zip lining…DO IT! I did this with my teenage sons and we had a great time. The guides are skilled, knowledgeable, accommodating and fun. The lines are well laid out and safe. The views were amazing.