“Basic, Good, Sandwiches and Shakes”

Don Ruston Market and Deli
Ranked #20 of 25 Dessert in Tacoma
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 26 August 2015

This is a narrow and long shop and deli, identifiable by the colorful mural on the side. There are two booths and a small bar area. The sandwiches are basic, you specify the type of bread, a meat and the veggies you want. They are well done and reasonably priced. The shakes are very good with a large variety of ingredients. You can get it to go or eat there at their limited seating.

It does not look like much out front or inside, but it is a comfortable sort of casual shabby that appeals to me. The people behind the counter seemed friendly enough. If I lived nearby I would probably eat here more than I should. I left with a smile on my face and milk shake residue on my upper lip.

It's just a couple of blocks off Pearl St on the way to Point Defiance park, so if you want a basic, well done lunch with a shake without spending big bucks, go here.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I was uncomfortable here, though the outer appearance is attractive. Quarreling was going on inside. Maybe it was an off-day. I'm told that the hamburgers are good but I didn't want to go in..

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I love their marshmallow milkshakes! And their burgers are good, I'm not usually one to order a burger, but this place has a small menu. Definitely worth stopping though! The employees are pleasant, but they do close early. 5 pm on the weekends and 6 on the weekdays.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

Very good burgers and sandwiches. The only real live soda fountain in the Tacoma area! This like a blast from the past

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Worn, dingy and dark. Needs paint and major tlc. Would not go again. To see an example of how this could be greatly improved, check out the soda fountain in Wenatchee. It is appealing in every way, Don's is not.

Been to Don Ruston Market and Deli? Share your experiences!