“Korean food with friends”
Review of Cho Dang Tofu

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cho Dang Tofu
Ranked #411 of 773 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Large selection of Korean soups and stews.. The side dishes were also plentiful and good. Very goo meal at a very reasonable price

Reviewed 28 February 2016

We stopped here while shopping at Paldo World Market. Ordered the Kim Chi stew. It was good. I liked all the side dishes. The service was good and friendly. The place was crowded with both Korean families as well as non-Korean people.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

Cho Dang is a Tofu Soup House - a chain with locations in Federal Way and Kent in addition to Tacoma. Prices are excellent. If service was as good as the food, I'd be here more often - but over the years it's gone from super friendly to "mystery server status". You never know if your waitress will refill your water or even address you other than to get your order...some times you get a friendly server, you just can't count on it.

For about $9, you can get your choice of ingredients in a Korean Tofu Soup base which has pieces of tofu in a slightly tomato-y broth with things like clams, mushrooms, oysters or different meats. In addition you receive a small fried fish. I'm Filipino, so I would describe it as similar to Milk Fish. You also receive rice & about 6 small dishes of Ban Chan (side dishes) which include variations of Kim Chee.

One of my favourite things here is the Dol-Sot Bi Bim Bop (Bi Bim Bop in a Stone Bowl): beef & ban chan on rice in a sizzling hot stone bowl. You can get an egg cracked on top of it (my perference). You also get the Ban Chan & Fish as well. Gut busting for about $10.

Very busy for lunch any day of the week. You can get in and out in about 40 minutes. Just be prepared in case you get a cranky wait person!

Reviewed 26 November 2015

This restaurant is located at the same complex with Paldo World. I'd say that they have the best tofu soup in town. It comes with many side dishes. Price is very reasonable. I would spend a cold and windy evening here to satisfy my tofu soup cravings. They have other Korean dishes, such as bibimbap and bulgogi which taste delicious too!

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

I have been here twice. The food is outstanding BUT they seem to not like Caucasians. First time I went here was with my friend who is Korean and the service was top notch. Went back with my husband and we were ignored!! They filled others water....not ours. Filled other table's tea....not ours! They have side dishes they refill.... Not ours!! We were the only table without someone who was Asian. We had to ask for everything and they avoided even looking at us. I have never felt so ignored and discriminated against before. Amazing!

Been to Cho Dang Tofu? Share your experiences!