“Great Food! Fun Atmosphere!”

Top of Tacoma Bar and Cafe
Ranked #13 of 862 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 August 2018

.We had heard a lot about this place. It is a local favorite, with a great reputation. Well, it lived up to all the hype! They have a couple tables outside, but we chose to eat inside. The inside was crowded, but we were able to find a table. It was a lively, fun atmosphere. I ordered the 253 Turkey Sandwich and my husband had the Polynesian Sandwich. We added fries to one order to share. Sandwiches were in the 9.00 range. It was 1.50 to add the fries. There were plenty of fries to share. Both sandwiches were excellent! The pesto ranch was outstanding! I am excited to go back! There were so many tempting things on the menu, I want to try them all!

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Damn! No photos of my own...BUT stiff, good, cheap drinks, strong coffee, excellent food and exceptional service. Post-wedding brunch, LOVED this bar vibe. Reminds of how Portland used to be. So glad we made the trip...Shroom Scramble SOOOOO goood! And The Cure...I don't even like tomato juice and I liked this one. Definitely would go back.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Came here a Wednesday night. Had two pitchers of Rainier for $17 bucks. Incredible. The greatest beer every made in one of the most fun cities to go out in. Turns out to be a superb combination. Bar tenders were super nice guys. Also had chicken tacos and cheese bread. Tacos were legit. When in town, GO TO THIS BAR.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed their Mac & cheese w/ prosciutto. The nice herb & bread crumb topping was delish!! Also, I am a complete ranch snob and their ranch dressing for the side salad was amazing!!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

When I walked in the place at 11:10 AM, it had the look of a worn out biker bar. There was even a nice Harley sitting outside. Even 10 minutes after opening though there was a mix of 'early drinkers' and regular folks. The service was quick and extremely friendly. I ordered a lamb and beef gyro and was asked if I'd like the soup with it. Thank God I said yes. The hamburger chorizo Mexican chili style soup was out of this world scrumptious. The gyro was one of the best I ever ate anywhere and the bill was $11.99.

I would travel to eat here and suggest you overlook the "look" and come for the great food and cheery service!

I am here for about a week every year, but will eat here whenever I'm in town.