“Now I Know Where to go in the NW for Thai Food”

Galanga Thai Cuisine
Ranked #43 of 801 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I had the snow peas with shiitake mushrooms. The vegetables were fresh and not overcooked. The broth in which they were cooked was savory but not heavy or sweetened, like most Thai food I have eaten. It was healthy and delicious. This is the best Thai food I have ever had.

The service was friendly and excellent as well.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Accidentally ordered Tom Kha instead of Tom Yum. They gave me a new one in no time and it was delicious! My boyfriend had the beef noodles. He was not impressed.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This Thai restaurant is one block from the Hotel Murano. Seating is basic with simple wooden tables. It is family owned and run. We met the owners and exchanged thoughts and background. The curries are top rate and the chicken is excellent. Prices are moderate and the staff go out of their way to help. They are open for both lunch and dinner.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We had the spicy green beans and the red curry and found both to be very good. The service was good and the prices comparable to other Thai restaurants. We were not in business attire and were treated very well.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Had dinner here with friends on the weekend. Ordered 4 dishes plus an appy. Portions were average. Food was somewhat bland and a little starchy. A bit over priced for what you get. Like I said, nothing to write home about and will pass this by next time I'm in town.

Been to Galanga Thai Cuisine? Share your experiences!