“Love this place”

Johnny's Dock
Ranked #90 of 798 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$10 - US$34
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on the Thea Foss Waterway across from Tacoma's Museum of Glass, Johnny's Dock Restaurant and Marina provides Northwest Seafood, Aged Selected Steaks, Prime Rib and lighter meals with a simply stunning view of the Tacoma Cityscape. Easy access, Free adjacent parking, and proximity to The Laemay Car Museum, The Washington State Historical Museum, and The Tacoma Art Museum. From Johnny's it is an easy walk to the Tacoma Dome.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

What a great place for lunch---especially if you are lucky enough to dine here on a Monday for their $12.99 all-you-can-eat fish lunch. (Dinner is $14.99) Crispy, deep fried cod, yummy french fries, good cole slaw with a bowl of clam chowder to start your meal. If you are really, really lucky you will be waited on by Debbie, as we were.
The restaurant is a little hard to find and not situated among the other waterside restaurants, but it one of the oldest and draws the locals. The view is beautiful. Get there a little early so you can get a window table.
Have you ever heard of Johnny Salt? It's big in this part of the country and competitive with products like Lowery's Seasoned Salt. If you are an out-of-town visitor, it's a great thing to bring to the folks back home as a souvenir.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped in with a girlfriend to the bar side of this eatery for a weekday lunch. Johnny's is a Tacoma classic and I grew up going to school with family members so I have a soft spot for the business. That said, I have eaten there many times over the last 50 years. This visit was a rare disappointment. My Chardonnay was the house blend which regretfully was watery and tasteless. My French Dip like "blue" grilled sourdough sandwich arrived looking fine on top but so soggy on the bottom bread slice, it could not be picked up without falling apart. Entrees are plated with no embellishment making the food look cheap and plain. My lunch was $32 and regretfully a sorry example of the Johnny's cuisine I had come to love. Guess things have changed. It will be a while before I try again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Fresh seafood - great portion sizes - lots of choices - can't go wrong - lots of great food options - easy parking great views

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Lived in Tacoma all my life and this was my first experience here. The food was average, service was avg.to below average. I actually was disappointed. The Clam Chowder was even blah. Too high of prices for sub-standard food and service.
I won't be coming back.
I've had better food and service at Johnnys in Fife.

1  Thank Meegolf
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Beautiful, sunny Saturday noon found us in Tacoma area, looking for late breakfast /early lunch place, and Johnny's Dock definitely was a winner. Breakfast was served on a deck, opened for a beautiful view the Museum of Glass and the Foss Waterway with a flock of boats and yachts, sunshine, luscious greens and people enjoying their weekend just like our company did. Building had a rustic look and feel both inside and out, nothing overly fancy, but at the same time inviting and comfortable.

We were immediately seated (meaning, pointed towards the deck where we could find the table to our liking), and just few minutes later greeted by our waiter, Dominic. He seemed to never be more than a glance away, making sure that our drinks were freshened up and all our orders fulfilled.

Breakfast menu was vast, reasonably priced and seemed to be created to satisfy any desire. Our choices were Smoked Northwest Salmon Benedict and Dungeness Crab and Bay Shrimp Omelet, both served with crisp hash browns and fragrant Hollandaise sauce.

Salmon Benedict was delicious - smoked salmon fresh and thickly sliced to satisfy every bite, eggs perfectly pouched with whites dense and brightly yellow yolks just liquid enough to seep over grilled English muffins.

The Dungeness Crab and Bay Shrimp Omelet was huge. Surely it was made with four eggs. The hash browns was typical restaurant fare. Good as always. The Omelet seemed full of shrimp with little crab to speak of.

Our company was celebrating a birthday, and even though Johnny's menu did not include such, Dominic managed to put together a bunch of peach coffee cakes with a candle to make a birthday boy happy.

Been to Johnny's Dock? Share your experiences!