“Yummy Thai food, wonderful artifacts, our Favorite”
Review of Silk Thai Cafe

Silk Thai Cafe
Ranked #57 of 821 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A romantically lighted and quaint cafe, Silk Thai boasts traditional Thai food in a beautiful setting. Order off the regular menu, or indulge in one of the seasonal specialties and enjoy as your taste buds are transported to a world away.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The Thai house salad is the best!!! We love the blend of seasonings that is used on all the dishes, ample portions and great atmosphere. The chicken & garlic is great and their Pad Thai is always yummy. Our favorite Thai restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

It's my Dad's fault. He generally pics not-so-great places to eat. He loves, for example, the incredibly mediocre El Toro mexican (ahem!) place down the street.

So while my expectations were not high, my mood after dinner was.

Best salad rolls I've ever had. Fresh, delicious, bordering on perfection. Spicy Fish dish was another winner. The Asparagus Lover with chicken was simply sauced yet full of flavor.

Fun atmosphere, a bit slow on the service, but overall pleasant experience. Would gladly go back, again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I have eaten here for 3 years. The service is top notch. The food is excellent and you can request changes to your dishes or have them customize you a curry. I do just that because I love eggplant and chicken green curry. The ambiance is low lighting, lovely decor and though it's small it does not feel crowded. I recommend the seafood fried rice. Someone always gets it and then everyone wants a taste of it. It's delicious. I also love the coconut black rice dessert. It's not super sweet and has a great texture. Good for a date night, or friends or bring your kids. I have seen plenty of them in there-- assuming they eat Thai food.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We ordered take-out from Silk Thai for the first time over the weekend. Overall, the food was terrific. The Crab Wontons may have been the best I have ever had. Sadly, the eggrolls were a big disappointment. They were not at all as good as the other parts of our meal. Also, I don't recall that I have ever paid as much for take-out, even when it is outstanding.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

We were in Tacoma so decided to try something different. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall but once you walk in you are transported thousands of miles away. Lots of teak wood and decor from the mother country.
I had the fisherman's fried rice, shrimp, scallops, crab and mussels in a fried rice with crushed peanut topping. Piled high and should be shared or you'll eat too much. Delicious and I would have it again.

1  Thank geraldh463

Been to Silk Thai Cafe? Share your experiences!