Spectacle Lake Resort
US$60
Hotels.com
US$38
RodewayInn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family has been no stranger to this lake and resort. My great grandmother had a house on Spectacle Lake and my mother caught her first fish on this lake as well my son and I. We have been coming to Spectacle Lake Resort for over 40 years (I won't say exactly how long for my mothers sake... lol)

We look forward to going to SLR every year and we can't wait to go back even before our trip is through! We started in the Waterfront cabins and eventually we were able to acquire the cabins on both ends and now that us younger generation have started families of our own we have started including our friends and their families into our yearly getaway. Everyone who has joined us loved it and are coming back with us again this year and we are bringing even more people!!!!!

The cabins have started to be updated, I noticed the flooring in some of the cabins has been replaced and there are now DVD players and not just VCR's in the houses.

The fishing is usually great during May, 2010 wasn't so good but that is not the Resorts fault, It was the wacky weather we had for winter that year that threw everything off!

I definitely recommend this place for a peaceful, fun getaway!!!!! I plan on keeping the yearly family tradition and bringing more and more people to enjoy the experience as well!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ronsmith12
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We started going to Spectacle Lake Resort, almost every year, for over 35 years. We knew the previous owners and have known Terri & Bryce since they purchased the resort. Our kids grew up going to the resort and now our grandkids love going to this resort. The owners are very nice and will do their best to try and please everyone. Once you have your reservation, you have the choice to reserve it again for the following year as well, so it may be hard to get back into the loop if you miss a couple of times. We have swam in the lake and the pool. This is a nice resort for family and friends and priced right. We like the cabins by the lake so we can relax and watch the activities. We were there last in 2009 and they were in the process of putting air conditioning in the lake cabins. We will be going again, hopefully with our kids & grandkids. It is a fun place to go with them. (I had to mark a box for the last time we stayed so I put Aug. 2011. There was no other box for me to mark.)

Room Tip: Reservations are a must, reserve well in advance. All rooms are equiped with most everything needed to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rinabri
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Don't stay....It looks much better on the website than being there.
Not really kept up, something died by the office and they didn't bother to pick it up, so that stinch was everpresent. The shoreline wasn't kept up, full of dead fish and other uckie things, and it just looked run down. No real place that had a nice view and was clean and quiet. There were lots of families there having a good time, but the overall look of lthe place is trashie and run down. Trash cans full, dirty bathrooms....not a destination.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tripjunkie57
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Okay so you have to decide what's important to you with this place. First of all, my in-laws made a reservation for a specific lot weeks ago and upon arrival, with two unhappy screaming children in the car, we were advised that they had given away our lot to another person. I won't even list the reason why because it was so bunk. To top it off, the neighbours we had booked their lot ONE YEAR in advance with a confirmation three months ago and they also had their lot "given away." Is the lake nice here? - yes but we will never come here again or recommend it because there are plenty of other beautiful lakes to visit. In addition, they only empty out the garbage here on Monday and Friday which, during a busy summer season, is not sufficient. We have had to deal with overflowing garbage receptacles which have attracted a ton of flies.
We will certainly not return, nor will our neighbours.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank vanmommy2010
Teri2919, Owner at Spectacle Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2010

We are very sorry when the experience at Spectacle Lake Resort is not satisfactory. We try very hard to accommodate everyone and at times it becomes necessary to rearrange campsites or motel rooms to better accommodate all. We did not "give away" a reservation. These folks would have been met with an alternate site or room. We strive to maintain the close relationships we have built with our guests over the last 19 years and will continue to treat them graciously and welcome them as if they were family.

Reviewed 23 August 2009

We stayed in the motel (room #5). We wanted an affordable place where we could forego camping. It was $75 a night. It had a great view from the room right on the lake with a picnic table and chairs. It also had a pool that was small, but never crowded and well-maintained. It was a great home base to see the area (I would recommend anyone see the ghost town of Molson!) My only complaints were that the lake was not ok for swimming. The bottom was very muddy and covered with millfoil. My other complaint was the room was very hot. It was almost 100 degrees while we were there. There was no air conditioning and no shade to really cool it down. There is a fan in the room, but I would recommend bringing one from home if you take this trip.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family