“Invasion of Privacy”

Comfort Inn Tumwater
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I will never stay at this place again. The management eavesdrops on your conversations inside your room. I had stayed there and tried to check out just before noon. The front desk clerk was buisy so I told her I would go up to the room and gather pour belongings to vacate. Upon returning to our room, the manager had already forced her way into the room and was preventing us frfom packing our belongings up. She was destroying our things by packing trash into them.

When we checked in the clerk had me sign something that we would not smoke in the non-smoking rooms. The room we were checked into (306) did not have a no smoking sign on the door. We smoked out side bringing the butts in and not throwing them on the grounds out side. She collected those butts and tried to charge us $250.00 for each butt that was in the room. When I argued with her as to the room we were placed into she called a swat team to the hotel, accused us of being on drugs and tried to convince the Tumwater police that we gave them an invalid credit card. Funny as we payed cash for the room and have the documentation to prove that. We had told the clerk the night before that my debit card was empty. That's why we payed cash.

These people are the rudest,dishonest, scan artists I have ever encountered anywhere.
TRAVELERS BEWARE!! I have been contacted by one other couple already that has encountered the same thing in the same room (306) coincidence? I don't believe so. They even had the nerve to try and charge us for a quarter size coffee stain on a wash rag. They tore back the sheets on the bed looking for stains as well. Anyone on this site can tell that this is not a very clean place to begin with. The room was filthy at check in. The room already smelled of smoke and the toilet was soiled. We were bit by bed bugs as well.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wontstayagain69
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

It is always unfortunate when a situation is misunderstood. We are a 100% smoke free establishment. There are signs by all entrances of the hotel that indicates this and every guestroom door has a non-smoking sign. Choosing to smoke in a room results in a damage fee due to the extensive deep cleaning that must be done and the number of days the room must be left out-of-order. There are many guests who are allergic to cigarette and the residue it leaves is always a challenge to thoroughly clean. The smoking policy and fee are explained verbally and in written form and at check in. When the smell of cigarette smoke was reported coming from your room, management went to investigate. It was then that the woman staying in the room apologized for smoking in the room, invited management in, and explained that her husband would be up shortly to take care of the damage fee. Absolutely no one from our staff would ever destroy guests’ belongings it was an empty box that was retrieved by the hotel manager from the garbage bin to gather the smoking evidence. Because of the refusal to pay and the hostile attitude that was presented to management by the woman’s husband, it was deemed necessary to call the police. The non-emergency number was called in order to receive assistance.
In response to the issue of cleanliness, we pride ourselves on the condition of our rooms. We often have unannounced quality assurance inspections and we always pass with flying colors. In addition, our housekeeping staff has been professionally trained on the inspection and detection of bed bugs which is part of our routine preventative maintenance. We regret that guests are upset when we assess smoking fees, but it is also our job to protect our guests’ wellbeing and also the property, especially that promote our hotel as 100% non-smoking establishment.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is just a very simple hotel place we found before we head back to Vancouver last September 26. We appreciate the all smile that the Front Desk lady gave us as we walked in - gave us a very comfortable image about the hotel and we were delighted with the ambiance of the place. It was a gem as the room comes with free breakfast too. And the place got free wifi too. We love Comfort Inn's.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I use Comfort Inn, Tumwater everytime I travel to Tumwater for business because the accomodations are excellent and the breakfasts are very good. On Dec 1st, I checked out of the room and was almost home that evening when I realized that I had left my cell phone charger in my room. I made one call to the front desk staff and was told that they would attempt to locate the charger. Within a couple hours I received an email stating that the charger had been shipped to my home, and I received the charger in the mail the next business day. I would recommend Comfort Inn to anyone who is travelling to Tumwater.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad to hear that your cell phone charger made it back to you safely. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel last Nov 26 and I was really sick so I check in the hotel instead of heading to Portland. The front desk staff check me in and I can see that she was concern of my condition. I was shivering, getting cold and on high fever and about to pass out. Rhey, i think that was her name was diligent in her task and while I was parking my car, she brewed me tea and she was waiting for me by the door. I was checking my purse and found out i don't have cash so she lend me $1.50 to get a soda pop too. She asked if she could call my family member or be needing assistance in getting to my room. I have never seen such concern like that with other hotels, she was indeed an exception and I felt like I was a family. I would definitely comeback so I can she her and hope I will feel better next time I check in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We hope you are feeling better, and glad that Rhey was to be of such great service to you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I travel extensively with my job and have used Choice Hotels exclusively for the past 5 years; I was a resident of the Tumwater Comfort Inn for a period of 3 weeks beginning October 16 2011 through November 6 2011. I write this review based on several critically important guest requirements associated with extended stay patron. The front desk personnel were constant in the days the worked and the hours available, I never found it necessary to explain past requirements or situations with a staff member who did not know what my need might be. Jason, one member of the front desk team, greeted everyone with a confident hello and smile and If I needed anything supportive to my stay, I was made available the same day. Jason and the others provided a personal dimension to my daily coming and going. My job required me to leave the hotel early 6 days a week, there was always breakfast food available prior to the 6:00 AM start time and there was always hot coffee. The hotel Manager Chamie Jo Ro made contact with me DAILY making sure that all was well with the services offered at the Comport Inn, I was allowed to feel that each member of the staff knew that I was there and they truly made me feel special. I have stayed a many choice Hotels for extended stays but, the personal attention provided to me here at the Tumwater Comfort Inn was exceptional. My room was cleaned daily and as many of you know when the cleaning staff can come in clean the room and not disrupt the personal possessions and business documents, it allows you to feel that they are cleaning your room specifically, not just going down the list of things to do. My room was quiet, elevator noise was never a problem. In conclusion, I would gladly stay at this Comfort inn again and recommend it to all passing through the Tumwater area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
ComfortInnTumwater, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Tumwater, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. We are glad we were able to make your extended stay with us a pleasant and enjoyable one. We hope that we will have the pleasure to serve you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tumwater
2.7 km away
Quality Inn
#8 of 9 in Olympia
11 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey

Been to Comfort Inn Tumwater? Share your experiences!