“Terrible...Dirty and Smelly Exposed Outlets”

Tumwater Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tumwater
Tumwater Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Tumwater
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Terrible...They stated they installed new hardwood floors and beds...Yea maybe 10 years ago. Place was filthy with a horrible smell. There were holes in the floor, exposed outlets. I complained about the smell and cleanliness and they sent over a lady who pushed the dirt around on the floor. We found the last tenants clothing behind the bathroom door. We stayed about 30 min and vacated. Management immediately after hearing my complaints exclaimed "no refunds" indicating this was a normal occurrence. Don't even think about staying here...I reported to BBB and my bank for fraud.

Room Tip: Don't go here!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Mark I

Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we were pleasantly surprised by the nice rooms. However, the room was like a sauna and took over 2 hours to cool down. That would have been no big deal if we had not arrived at 9:30 at night. They seemed very organized as they had our room keys already made as we had a reservation so I think they could have cooled the room as well. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The remote only controlled the cable box so the television had to be manually controlled. I also got a room for the kids and the sauna was the same situation except their air conditioner stopped working and the room did not cool until 2:00 AM with the window open. Had they not been on the second floor it would have never cooled as they would have kept the window closed. They also were very busy that night so when breakfast came around they kept running out of things. The breakfast was very good but they did not stay on top of it.

Room Tip: Request a room on the main floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Roger C
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Somewhat funky location...or at least the entrance to it off the street seemed a bit odd, but hotel itself was fine. Nothing particularly outstanding except the beds...and they were great. Probably as good as I ever experience in my 100 nights per year travels. Going back again this week.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor...I did hear a fair amount of floor noise from above.
Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business