“Our favorite Mexican joint in Yakima”
Review of El Porton de Pepe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Porton de Pepe
Ranked #56 of 287 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 April 2017

This is our favorite place to get Mexican food in Yakima! The chips and salsa are just ridiculous. I have never had better chips and salsa in my life. Nine times out of ten, we get full on chips and salsa and get our food to go after about 3 bites. I'm telling you, the chips are thin and crispy, the salsa is just the perfect spot between medium and mild, with a little sweetness. Too good! We like ordering off their vegetarian menu. I love their rice and beans! A side of sour cream is an extremely generous portion, as all their portions are. Great spot. Our fave.

NOW, I have to mention that we visited for lunch today, and the menu was different. The front of the menu said "El Porton" without "de Pepe"... the vegetarian menu was missing, but the items just seemed to be kind of hidden elsewhere. Not sure if this place merged with "El Porton" or has always been associated with them and just updated the menus...chips and salsa were the same so I wasn't bothered. :)

Reviewed 26 March 2017

El Porton has a great reputation in this town. However some are better than others. The one on Tieton is the best in overall experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

This place just happened to be close to where we were shopping. We were not disappointed. The margaritas were on special and of course I had to take advantage. You can often judge a good Mexican restaurant on the quality of their margaritas (or maybe it is the alcohol talking, lol). We only ate there the one time and they have a very large menu of choices. Each of our dinners were very good and I would recommend the pork Enchiladas Suizas. My wife tried the Enchiladas de Mole which she enjoyed but I found to be too sweet.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Count on a warm welcome and prompt service when you arrive. The place is warm and friendly, just small enough to be cozy. Waitstaff works hard to please. You'll get a generous and well-prepared meal for your trouble. The menu isn't extensive but includes the options you'd expect. Prices are a little higher than other Mexican restaurants in the area but still reasonable. Will return for more.....enjoyed my dinner there.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This is a must whenever I go back home. I haven't had any dish that I haven't enjoyed. Staff is very friendly and they have a drive thru window for easy take out.

Been to El Porton de Pepe? Share your experiences!