“Hidden Gem”

Add it.
Ranked #117 of 272 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I love to discover these really good little unassuming places in strip malls. Good Mexican food. Decent prices. Very, very nice service. This is right off of the 40th Ave Exit and Highway 12. Great alternative to fast food!

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Whomever thinks that this is Mexican food they are soooo wrong.
Everything is bought then heated up when clients order.
I really don't understand this so called Mexican restaurants who offer this food fooling people that is authentic Mexican food.
Not even close.
it is NOT Mexican food, Mexican food doesn't have cheddar cheese?, and what's horrible they load the food with this cheese to hide the so called enchilada or whatever people order.
terrible, terrible

Reviewed 3 February 2015

I eat at alot of different Mexican restaurants and one of the very best! Truly authentic food, great atmosphere, prompt & freindly servers with great prices and large portions!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is the worst Mexican food I have EVER eaten. The decor is hideous, there was no toilet paper in the unisex bathroom. We had to let our server know and he took care of it immediately. I ordered arroz con pollo and asked for no cheese being I'm lactose intolerant and they brought me this gop of food with cheese. While waiting for our food, I noticed the cook going to a freezer with individually wrapped meat. There was also a microwave next to the freezer. HELLO, red flag!! I've watched enough Kitchen Nightmare episodes to realize this is not going to be good! This restaurant was busy which scares me because people here must like terrible Mexican food.

1  Thank Carmenq55
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

It's in a small strip by Fred Meyer. Doesn't look like much from the outside. Inside is clean and bright. Nice staff, good prices and delicious food.
There is a vegetarian section of the menu and lots of gluten free options. Will return here soon.

Been to Ay Carumba? Share your experiences!