“Good food, friendly staff, great salsa”

Antojitos mexicanos
Ranked #13 of 287 Restaurants in Yakima
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 October 2016

I took a couple friends from out of town there, as I had never been there either. I had heard it has some of the best, authentic Mexican food in the city.
I had the veggie burrito and was impressed by the variety of salsas. You have to pay a small fee for chips and salsa, which I was not expecting, but it was interesting to try the 6 different kinds.
The burrito was good, it had some typical vegetables, as well as avocado and potato, which I found to be different than a typical burrito. A pretty good sized burrito for about $6.50. I had the second half for lunch the next day and found it was still good, which I was disappointed because sometimes Mexican food gets better for some reason. :) My friend had the pozole, which she loves, and found it to be good, but not exceptional as well.
Overall, I would say it was a good experience, but not the exceptional food I was told of. The atmosphere is good, a nice restaurant, clean bathrooms, friendly staff. It is in a convenient spot, right off of Summitview, nicer neighborhood...I don't know, I just didn't find anything special about this place, I would rather go to a closer place or try a new restaurant.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Great food, great margaritas, and very nice and helpful staff. This is some good authentic Mexican food. This is another must stop place when visiting Yakima.

1  Thank skitobin
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The ONLY Mexican restaurant in town we will eat at any more. No other can compare to the great delicious & tasty food! We have been spoiled, any time we think about trying another Mexican restaurant we decide not to because we know we will be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Popped in for a late lunch based on Yelp and TA ratings. Really good quality food and prompt friendly service. We had the daily special - chili verde, beans & rice with fresh made corn tortillas. Also the taco salad with shredded chicken was huge, like 2 shredded chicken breasts. The chips (whole fried corn tortilla you break apart yourself & 6 kinds of salsa.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Constant quality for the last 12 years that I have been eating there. Mom and Pop business with great quality food. Impeccably clean, very reasonable prices and always freshly made corn tortillas.
Delicious Menudo (Panza) on Sundays, it has to be good, they always run out at mid day...
Highly recommended.

1  Thank mdommdom

Been to Antojitos mexicanos? Share your experiences!