“ Nice place for lunch”

Add it.
Ay Caramba Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 285 Restaurants in Yakima
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

We dropped in for lunch and we ordered a deluxe burrito and a seafood dish that I can't pronounce. A margarita and a beer rounded out our meal. The service was great, the food was prompt, hot and plentiful. Very pleased with my selection to eat their.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

We had read these great reviews so we decided to drive fifteen minutes to the outskirts of Yakima to eat here. I should have known better when I saw that restaurant is in a crappy little strip mall. We went inside and were seated and the chips and salsa were served. The salsa tasted like dish soap, so I said to the waiter that hey, our salsa tastes like soap. He was so FLAMBOYANT in his insistence that "OUR SALSA TASTES GOOD!" and I kept trying to explain that while your salsa may NORMALLY taste good, this particular SERVING tastes like SOAP. He acted as if it were such a big deal to take the salsa away and serve us some NEW salsa in a bowl that this time didn't taste like dish soap. Then he said in a huff " this salsa same salsa as before and bowl from same dish rack." Okay fine, but we both know we tasted soap before you don't have to go out of your way to call me a liar. Then we looked at the menu on the table that featured HAPPY HOUR!!! and displayed several drinks so we ordered one of each, only to be told that this happy hour menu is only good at their Wenatchee location. This particular locations only shows you menus and prices that aren't real and are fake. So we ordered regular margaritas, which, as a fan of such beverages, I immediately realized were VIRGIN (without alcohol). So we paid our tab and left. Never to return. Avoid at all costs. Eat at a taco truck if you want Mexican food. Seriously. We left and went to Santiagos, a fantastic restaurant back in town. I will review them here as well. Later, we felt sick in our stomach and had indigestion from the soap on our dishes at Ay Caramba. Yeah, when I was sitting on the toilet with diarrhea I was saying AY CARAMBA!!

Reviewed 27 October 2014 via mobile

We love eating at Ay Caramba! They have a vegetarian section on their menu and many items are easily made vegan. They are friendly and fast in service. My favorite dish is the veggie fajitas which I order with no cheese or sour cream. The meal is generous and always fresh and delicious. The burritos are also yummy. My kids always order refried beans and rice. The beans and rice are vegan! The price is a great value. Give it a try if you are a veg head!

4  Thank Yakimom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Lunch menu is just right. Busy, tasty and clean food. Lunch has its own menu with kept the date to about $20 for the two of us. I will return!

1  Thank cjsan2c
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Took my granddaughter for lunch today. Fresh, warm tortilla chips, great service and good food. Pleasant ambiance. Don't go often, but it is dependable and good

1  Thank Lauri L

Been to Ay Caramba Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!