“Get a giant cone and bring cash”

Ron's Tacos and Burgers
Ranked #113 of 323 Restaurants in Yakima
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I don't know about the food, but the cones are what you come here for! Get a small one, get a big one, get a delicious one! I love soft serve so I guess im easy to please :)
You can get vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or swirl. You drive up or walk up, you can't go in. If you need to use the restroom, walk across the street to McDonalds. Bring cash, no cards accepted.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Although surrounded by other fast food chain joints, Ron's still offers the best soft serve ice cream in the Yakima Valley. Our favorite is the half-and-half chocolate and vanilla cone. We usually order medium-sized cones, but if you are really craving an ice cream fix I would challenge you to order a large cone. However, you may need to pull over and park to eat it since it almost requires two hands to manage it. Ask for extra napkins if you do?

Ron's is a drive-through restaurant with limited outside seating. We usually grab our order and either go to a local park or take it home to eat.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Running fast food to my Mama up at Good Samaritan. She greatly enjoyed the tasty grilled hot dogs & soft serve sundae. After waiting at the left turn from Lincoln onto 16th staring at the "Orange Shake" sign. I had to get one. Glad I did. Tastes like the old orange dreamsicle.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 26 August 2016

It's hard not to love a Yakima Icon! We used to come here after little league games and today they're still serving the same boss ice cream - Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate soft serve are at your disposal, as are the swirled versions. The most endearing thing here are the delightful signs with 50's children eating the soft serve!

All soft serve starts at $2 for a small cone...the small cones are HUGE! There are tons of ice cream related options and plenty of burgers, tacos, nachos, dogs, etc, available and while most are a bit on the expensive side, it's all solid.

The dude working here definitely means business and doesn't take kindly to people parking in the lot who aren't customers - Honestly, not a bad way to do things. The parking situation is tight, but doable for those with vans or smaller. A couple large trucks pulled in and had a tough time squeezing in. The signage imploring everyone to "park correctly" is quite hilarious.

This is a must hit on a hot day for anyone who loves them some soft serve. Cash only, so make sure your friends the Washington's accompany you!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I absolutely loved the cheeseburger. It was the old style smothered in everything. I only wished the person who took my order and I believe made the burger was rude as hell. Lighten up, first time here and the impression wasn't good.

Date of visit: December 2015

Been to Ron's Tacos and Burgers? Share your experiences!