Berkeley Springs Motel
Best Western Berkeley Springs Inn(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$95
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$120
Cacapon Resort State Park(Berkeley Springs)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$134
US$126
US$65
US$92
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I'm not a picky or a luxury traveler. I need a clean bed, a clean shower, no bugs and to feel relatively safe. That's exactly what I got at Berkeley Springs Motel.
For under fifty dollars (tax and fees included) I don't know what the people who wrote bad ratings were expecting.
I was greeted by a friendly manager about 7pm on a January evening. I was offered to view my room first. The management doesn't turn on heat or AC until check in, so my room was initially cold, but just fine after the heat was turned on. A space heater was also in the room but I didn't need it. Microwave was in the room and flat screen TV with plenty of channels.
My credit card wouldn't work on the office machine for some reason so I offered to go get cash from an ATM and the manager told me I could just wait until the morning if I'd like to. Friendly and flexible.
I stayed in Room 2, right next to the office. Card locks, door locks and chain lock on the door. Room was slightly outdated, but clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was spacious and clean, had plenty of hot water, and decent water pressure. The bathroom overlooked the 7/11 behind the motel, but at an angle where people outside could not look into my room. I did not here any noise from the 7/11 all night.
Slept soundly all night and the heater was fine. I felt safe.
The location of the hotel is great. 2 blocks from the springs and walking distance to just about everything.
If you're the kind of traveler who cares more about the destination activities than the room you're staying in, this place is perfect. I plan to return to Berkeley Springs often now that I know about it and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Dunno about the rest of the rooms, but #2 was just fine.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank hkcameroon
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Yes, I understand you get what you pay for - but in the amount I paid, I expected a clean room and clean towels. The towels were stained and very dingy. The carpet appeared to not have been swept in a while. The flooring has sunk down in a few places. Whoever stayed there before me left things in the refrigerator, so I expected that would have been removed. However, if you decide you want to take the chance - look at the room first before paying your money and make sure you bring toiletries and a hair dryer, if needed. Cannot comment on sheets because I slept on top of the comforter and had my own blanket. Never again will I stay here, no even to save a few dollars.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the alarms from the firehouse going off - any room is just as good as any other.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Booked this room due to its location but was extremely disgusted when I got there. First thing that was a warning of what was to come was a five gallon pail outside the room filled with garbage and cigarette butts....

Room smelled awful. Carpet look very dirty and I was so worried that I made sure to leave everything in the car and hung everything without it touching anything in the room.

No amenities such as coffee machine, ice etc.

Bedding, towels and sheets were suspect but I was somewhat relieved to see housekeeping change them as I was leaving. Should invest in new towels and sheets and/or use a laundry service.

Do yourself a favour and send five extra bucks and stay at the Super 8 down the road. For the extra five you will get a much nicer room and breakfast.

Would not even recommend for construction workers...........................

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Whippi
Reviewed 15 August 2015

very clean room, pleasant staff. close to all the important sites. don't believe all the bad revues, it's true you get what you pay for. all you need when traveling is a safe, clean place to sleep;;; this works well for that........

Room Tip: maybe a corner room away from the 7=11
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank SBtraveler1946
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Although the owner was friendly, he seemed unorganized. We were checked into one room, but then moved to another because he gave us wrong room. I was happy because the room was filthy and thought maybe they had not cleaned it. Nope, wrong! New room just as bad!!! Food crumbs on carpets, cobwebs in bathroom. I had to clean the sink before I could use it. Dingy brown towels and bedsheets. The bed was so soft you rolled to the center. The A/C did not work, which was kinda a blessing because you didn't need the gross blanket. Although you had great water pressure for your morning shower, it was a game of hot/cold water. If other guests or the owners family; which live above motel, were using water you got either blasted with cold or extremely hot water. Also make sure you pack toiletries!! Also bring a flashlight because the lighting was so pour you couldn't see. No side table to sit your phone or a cup of water. Mini fridge had to be plugged in before you could use it. Pay the extra $30 and stay at the Best Western down the street.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple