“disappointed”
Review of Moon Tong

Moon Tong
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 October 2017

i used to love this place when it was in chester and the owners parents was the ccoks but since they got new cooks the place has gone down hill. i always make it a point to come there now when i go to tantallion because i love the meat egg rolls. but that is the only thing they got going for them selves today i had a c2 the rice was burnt tasting and very dry. the chicken balls were very battery and dryed out. my mother had ribs which she couldnt eat cause they were so tough and pretty much all fat and bone. might of been a 1/2 oz of meat total after u got the fat and bones off. also asked for a extra egg roll and never received it but was charged for it which they quickly fixed without a problem. my father received his food and me and my mother waited atleast 7 mins after he received his food before we got ours. he was almost done eating before we got ours ... very disappointed in this place i used to love it but now i duno if i will go back

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I love food, it's rare that I find a food I can't eat or that I don't enjoy, in fact I can't even remember the last time that happened. I feel bad leaving a bad review however the food here was close to the worst food I have ever eaten.

I'm pretty sure the oil hasn't been changed in months, the contents of the Egg rolls were completely unrecognisable (which is probably for the best), the batter on the sweet and sour chicken was thick and soggy and the weird gravy/curry sauce they include reminded me of biodiesel. I feel happy giving them 1 star because my wife and I were able to tolerate a 2-3 forks of rice (and also Trip Advisor wouldn't let me give any less).

I agree with the other reviewers, the owners should be ashamed.

1  Thank Jls89
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely filthy. Smell of dirt and mold everywhere. Cannot imagine what the kitchen looks like. Avoid at any cost.....The owners should be ashamed.

1  Thank rileymax
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We went to Moon Tong's for a friends birthday. Ordered a dinner for 4 and 3 extra sides - beef and broccoli, schezwan beef, and soo gai. We also had a few beer and pop for the driver. Portion sizes were good, lots left to split up and take home. Suprised that the rice size wasn't bigger, but still ok.

Food was good, nothing to complain about. Service was good as well.

This isn't a big spot, just a few tables so you aren't going for the fine dining experience.

Bill was just over $96.00, which was good for what we had.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We have eaten there many times over the year and food is always great...the interior is disgusting....all little paint for starters and a daily cleaning..the toilet had not been cleaned for a while.there was dirt and food under all the tables.In the reception area under the chairs were rocks that were there for a while too...come on take some pride in your restaurant, it makes a person think what is the kitchen like...