“Friendly People”

Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We were here for a meeting and only stayed one night. The hotel is very neat and clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and helped us with some room mix-ups. The sleeping rooms are in need of some updates, but were very clean!! The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've had! Great selection of food!

Room Tip: No complaints from the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 February 2017

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

My father lives in Clarksburg so when I'm in the area, I usually end up staying here. Thankfully, because of Hotwire, I only end up spending about $50 a night on average as the normal rate is way too expensive for what you get especially compared to other hotels in the area that are around the same rate. The internet is incredibly slow. As of last night, I was completely unable to connect. The rooms are large and the bed is very comfortable. The bathrooms, however, need an upgrade.

The people who work at the desk are very nice. Again, last night though, we had a problem and had to go to the front desk and no one was there. We ended up waiting for close to 20 minutes for someone to appear but once they did, they were very attentive and nice.

The time before this, our room had ants crawling everywhere, the bed, the floor, the furniture, but we were able to switch rooms with no problem.

It is in very close proximity to the interstate and several good restaurants. I highly recommend Mia Margherita.

Overall, the people at the hotel make the experience enjoyable, but the hotel itself is in need of renovations. It's not a bad place to stay, but I also don't believe it's worth its normal rate.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I stay at this hotel often, when we can get a room. This time was disappointed with room service. We did not receive room service and had to ask for towels. The desk clerk stated they were full and was short staffed and did not get general room service done. The had to clean rooms of people checking out first because of people coming in

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed 31 January 2017

My Husband and I were staying on our one year anniversary, it was one of the worst stays I think I've ever had. Our first night while laying in bed i notice a couple bugs going across the floor, I got up and smashed them with my shoe some type of silver one. The second day of our stay, we ran out of towels since we used our Jacuzzi tube and also showered in the morning so we called the front desk and asked about getting some new towels, later that day going on 4 o'clock we waited for housekeeping to come and they never showed up. Once again i called the front desk to ask why our room wasn't cleaned and they said that I told the housekeeper it wasn't needed which i never said. When she did come up she asked what i would like cleaned and named off everything she would do, we came back and the only thing that was clean was the bathroom.(I was just hoping to have the bed made). Overall, the best of our stay was the breakfast it was my absolute favorite, and the hot tub. I hope that next year it will be different I loved how nice the staff was also!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple