“Good location, room was livable”

Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Adam M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Reviewed 28 July 2017

The meeting rooms were very comfortable for seating and temperature for meetings. The staff was available to solve small issues. The dining staff was very accommodating and the food was good (especially for banquet). I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Only used conference facilities which were excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I have stayed in many hotels and this one exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for comfort at an affordable price.
Tonya Johnson

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you Toyna and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The depiction of this hotel is contradicts what it actually is inside. The rooms were Ok but definitely worn out. Not what you would expect. The hotel staff spent more time outside smoking and gossiping than their actual job. Which is disgusting btw having to walk through cigarette smoke to get into your hotel. The coffee machine was down for two days??? No back up. In room coffee was horrible. Luckily though the staff that didn't smoke and actually did their job were friendly and gave me a great rate...Betina was her name very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I am sorry that you experienced issues with your stay. I am addressing the issue with the employees smoking out front and this will no longer be an issue. I hope that you would give us a second chance to make a first impression. If there is anything i can do to help you please contact me at (304)808-1000

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Our two week trip ended with one of worst experiences we ever had. We stayed there briefly for a night and by the time we left the next morning, we noticed that my wife and my daughter had a lot of bites and redness on their upper body, but not my son and myself. We realized that something was wrong with the bed my wife and my daughter were sharing. We noticed the front desk, one guy suggested that there were small animal in room the night before and it could be just bed bugs bite. So it made thing if they ever changed the sheets in that room. I told the lady in charge and took pictures for the bites. The lady promised to tell her boss and will let we know late that day, which did not happen.
The next day, my wife called to follow up. Initially we told there was no bed bugs or anything, and later we were told it was bed bugs and they will call us back. We were offered some points back and there was no apologies what so ever. When my wife tried to talk to the manager about some small amount of money to replace their clothes etc, we were told they will have insurance people contacting in the coming 24 or 48 hours. Well, it has been more than 4 days we are still waiting for that person to contact us. We will keep posting our experience as it happens and we would be more than happy to share the bug bites pictures to show how bad it was.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family