“Never been disappointed with my meal.”
Review of China Wok

China Wok
Ranked #29 of 44 Restaurants in Buckhannon
Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is a small, family owned and run Chinese restaurant. I have never been disappointed in my meal. I have eaten there for years. They have a buffet for lunch that is very tasty. What I like is that the meals are not so spicy or hot that you can't eat them, like some other places. You can request it to be hotter. You get a sizable amount.....usually have leftovers for the next day. I do order take-out a lot. It does get warm in the summer months. Their house specials are delicious. Try the house special soup...it's loaded with meats and vegetables. It is family friendly and prices are reasonably for what you get. I don't go there for the de-cor, I go for the food.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

The chicken fried rice had no flavor whatsoever. Pork fried rice was ok. But do no think I would ever try here again

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I enjoy ordering take out from here. The staff is somewhat grumpy sometimes but the food is always good.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

I was craving Chinese so I called and made a to-go order without looking at reviews. Huge mistake. I should've assumed something was wrong when the restaurant didn't have a single customer at 6:45pm. I ordered the chicken lo mein and cheese wontons. The wontons were average, nothing better than you'd find in the freezer section of your grocery store. The Chicken lo mein barely contained any chicken, the noodles tasted like they were cooked in weeks old grease/oil. The vegetables in the lo mein were not ordinary lo mein vegetables (at least from my usual chinese restaurants back home). They'd probably been in the grease/oil for weeks and just figured they'd toss them in my meal. I had water chestnuts, bean sprouts, white onion, mushrooms, carrots, and cabbage. I'm pregnant and my doctor has advised me to avoid water chestnuts and sprouts right now, so I couldn't eat some of the mish-mash dinner I received. The funny part, the receipt was printed on IKEA receipt paper and has a 90 day return policy if not satisfied. I may try to return the lo mein and get my money back tomorrow. Do Not Eat Here!

Reviewed 24 July 2015

DoctorCompRhet offers another reader-oriented review: This little Chinese place is located in the middle of Main Street in Buckhannon, West Virginia--a one stop-light town with very few dining options beyond a few chain and fast-food places. The restaurant has about a dozen tables on both sides of a divider and a buffet area which is used occasionally (with "no refunds allowed"). During the summer, the rather worn interior is baking hot and almost uninhabitable (and it shows on the tired-looking personnel behind the counter). Is a little air conditioning too much to ask? All the usual Chinese-American fare is on a large menu that is almost identical to those encountered across the country: sweet and sour dishes, egg rolls, pot stickers, lo mein, chow mein, egg foo young, soups, and the usual entrees such as General Tso's chicken, as well as combination plates which come with an egg roll and fried rice: nothing at all unique. Not recommended for dining in during the summer heat, but take-out is available. A young man who appears to be a family member takes orders but he has a surly demeanor and seems to fight constantly with the woman preparing the food. The food itself is quite poorly prepared: frozen egg rolls and heavily breaded chicken are thrown into a fryer, for example, with little care, and a number of items seem pre-processed, although the woman chef does work the wok effectively. The quantities are large but the quality leaves much to be desired, with very fat and quite greasy egg rolls as a test case. Specialties run between $9.95 and $13.95 or so; other dishes come in pint or quart sizes and are reasonably priced. China Wok probably maintains its business because there is not only little or no competition for Chinese food in this tiny town but little competition for food overall, unless one drives for ten or more miles. Perhaps the students at West Virginia Wesleyan keep it in business, but it's hard to imagine that their campus food service would be worse.

1  Thank DoctorCompRhet