“Last resort stopped ”

Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Charles Town
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We had to use this for a last minute decision since every other local hotel was book, and we were so tired to drive.

The room is very outdated. Didn't even have a telephone to communicate with the front desk. You had to hold the flush handle as long as its takes to be able to flush. The sheet and the comforter were darken white color with cigarette holes on them.

Having said all that, it was safe and convenient to go to the near by 7-Eleven? Dinner, Walgreens, gas station.....

For cheap stay or emergency stop when you tired, but not a comfortable stay.

BTW. They claim free WiFi......NOT.... it didn't even load...

Good luck.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This has got to be a family owned business because not one person was friendly. I was essentially kicked out due to having a small cat, in which I disclosed and they pretended I had not. Booking online did not allow me to acknowledge the cat so I had to in person when I arrived around 2 in the morning. Instead of just letting me pay the extra, they ordered me gone as if I were a peasant and poor...Never again. The place was so run down I could hardly imagine my cat a problem...

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank babygurl20234
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

After blowing through 11,000 dollars at the casino across the street I needed a place to crash for the night. I only had enough money for one night at Americas best value inn and I thought to myself why not. Turns out, I stumbled upon Charles Town's best hidden treasure! The lobby and waiting area had a very warm and welcoming decor with a lovely water fountain to give the room life and good vibe. The lady at the front desk was very nice; which was a relief after the crappy night I had! I went to my room to be welcomed by chocolates on the pillow and the towels folded in the shape of a bird! Very classy touch! I unpacked my things and noticed a fridge on the table by the tv. In it was an unopened bottle of jack Daniels and a unopened gallon of milk! You know what that means! A great end to the night and Raisin Bran for breakfast! The toilet in the bathroom had a setting on it to where it would wipe your underside for you! How considerate! The continental breakfast was complete with fresh pastries, eggs, waffles, and fresh fruit! I enjoyed my Raisin Bran but it was nice to have the option! Overall a great night even though I burned through all my sons college fund, oops.... anyways, great stay and I can say with confidence that Americas best value inn has the best value!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

i think you have a better chance not catching something if you slept in the woods.. sheets dirty, carpet dirty, walls dirty, floor dirty..smells bad, oh yea towels dirty and the worst part you will prob end up with bugs.. no bs

Room Tip: the Turf motel is only about another mile down the road..very close to casino and downtown
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The staff helped earn at least one star, just barely. After an initial discourteous retort, the clerk worked to accommodate our needs, even recommending a great place for breakfast - probably because she knew the continental breakfast that would be offered by the hotel would only have a half dozen, stale looking pastries.

The room seemed to be comprised of furnishings that had long passed their usefulness at other hotels. A refrigerator (that needed cleaning but did cool) and microwave had been set in the closet area with attached hangers still attached. To make up for this overtaking of space, a wardrobe had been added. Unfortunately, no one thought to add hangers to it - or put it completely together; the back was coming off.

While an outlet did provide power, it did so only if one held the plug in oneself. Given that it was also beside the door, away from any usable surface such as a table, it would not have been useful even if the plugs did stay in! The only other option was to unplug a lamp and use that outlet. Fortunately, the device I was attempting to recharge was also self-illuminating.

Starting the hot water at least five minutes before getting into the shower allowed the water to be almost warm enough for bathing. This technique was also necessary for the water at the sink to be warm.

The bed was worn out. The mismatched pillows more so. The burn holes in the bedspread called into question when it may have been cleaned. But given that the carpet and walls also raised this question, the bedspread was used anyway because....

The heating/ac unit had two settings despite labels otherwise - cold and really cold. Not exactly the settings of choice on an already cold night.

The "free wifi", if it really existed, did not provide a strong enough signal to be used.

We stayed here because everything else was booked due to the number of large events in the area and it "beat staying in the car." Next time - I'll stay in the car.

Room Tip: For a good room, go to another motel.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
13.4 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Charles Town? Share your experiences!