See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The person taking the reservation and payment over the phone was VERY helpful and kind to my wife. My room was ready and they were expecting me and had all the paperwork done. Check in was very easy. Great location to easy breakfast restaurant. Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ernestc112
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We had to use this for a last minute decision since every other local hotel was book, and we were so tired to drive.

The room is very outdated. Didn't even have a telephone to communicate with the front desk. You had to hold the flush handle as long as its takes to be able to flush. The sheet and the comforter were darken white color with cigarette holes on them.

Having said all that, it was safe and convenient to go to the near by 7-Eleven? Dinner, Walgreens, gas station.....

For cheap stay or emergency stop when you tired, but not a comfortable stay.

BTW. They claim free WiFi......NOT.... it didn't even load...

Good luck.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This has got to be a family owned business because not one person was friendly. I was essentially kicked out due to having a small cat, in which I disclosed and they pretended I had not. Booking online did not allow me to acknowledge the cat so I had to in person when I arrived around 2 in the morning. Instead of just letting me pay the extra, they ordered me gone as if I were a peasant and poor...Never again. The place was so run down I could hardly imagine my cat a problem...

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank babygurl20234
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

After blowing through 11,000 dollars at the casino across the street I needed a place to crash for the night. I only had enough money for one night at Americas best value inn and I thought to myself why not. Turns out, I stumbled upon Charles Town's best hidden treasure! The lobby and waiting area had a very warm and welcoming decor with a lovely water fountain to give the room life and good vibe. The lady at the front desk was very nice; which was a relief after the crappy night I had! I went to my room to be welcomed by chocolates on the pillow and the towels folded in the shape of a bird! Very classy touch! I unpacked my things and noticed a fridge on the table by the tv. In it was an unopened bottle of jack Daniels and a unopened gallon of milk! You know what that means! A great end to the night and Raisin Bran for breakfast! The toilet in the bathroom had a setting on it to where it would wipe your underside for you! How considerate! The continental breakfast was complete with fresh pastries, eggs, waffles, and fresh fruit! I enjoyed my Raisin Bran but it was nice to have the option! Overall a great night even though I burned through all my sons college fund, oops.... anyways, great stay and I can say with confidence that Americas best value inn has the best value!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2017

i think you have a better chance not catching something if you slept in the woods.. sheets dirty, carpet dirty, walls dirty, floor dirty..smells bad, oh yea towels dirty and the worst part you will prob end up with bugs.. no bs

Room tip: the Turf motel is only about another mile down the road..very close to casino and downtown
Date of stay: November 2016