“Some of the worst Mexican Food we have ever had...”

Mi Degollado Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Charles Town
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 12 December 2020

We eat Mexican food at least twice a week. It's great food! This place could not deliver. First he salsa was not good at all the chips didn't seem house made since they were way too thick and not salt on them at all.
The chicken flautas were burned - or the oil they were fried in was beyond it's use date -- they were not edible.
The chimichangas were also very very greasy and lacked flavor. The cheese on them was the once saving grace.
Overall neither of us ate much of our meal.
The best part of the meal was the service. Everyone was very personable and provided great service.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (181)

Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

Ordered a single dinner item and some chips with cheese via phone, the way I have in the past. The person didn't give me an ETA or total for the order, but simply got off the phone after confirming the items and giving me my order #. Went to pick it up roughly 25 minutes later, and I was met with the wrong items and then they told me I could wait 15 more minutes so they could make the order. They seemed uninterested in the issue, asked if I called the right place (their number was saved in my in phone), and just wasted my time.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 21 September 2020

This has to be the best Mexican restaurant I have eaten at. Food was delicious and served by a very pleasant server. Can’t go wrong here.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 2 July 2020

As others have mentioned this is a smallish Mexican place in a strip mall and I was very surprised how good it was. The chips and salsa were very good, get the queso as well! The carnitas were awesome as were the margaritas.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

We did not realize how many restaurants closed early on Sundays In Charles Town and we came across this Mexican deliciousness while looking for another place. Lucked out with savory Mexican food and maragaritas! Definitely a gem in this town! Their queso is DIVINE and my husband was impressed with the shrimp chimichanga.

Date of visit: March 2020