“Lacking A Lot”

Ryan's Family
Ranked #65 of 80 Restaurants in Clarksburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located conveniently along the Emily Drive shopping area that runs parallel to I-79 between the Anmoore and the Bridgeport exits. It is a pay upfront, buffet style with servers who get your beverages and clear your table. The selection at the buffet failed to compete with my expectations and with other similar buffets. Many selections looked unappetizing with some that I wasn’t sure what exactly it was. There was very poor labeling with most items with no labels and a handful with incorrect labels. The salad bar lacked much of what I like to see. What was there was fresh and my salad was tasty. For the hot foods I found myself wandering around not sure what to get since nothing really stood out. The steak on the grill was far from a choice cut, the breaded fish was more of a dense slab. The best items I found were the Mac and cheese and the teriyaki style chicken. Desserts varied but it was tough to find something that looked like the taste was worth the calories. All in all, my experience harkened me back to the 1990s when the buffet style restaurants were a novelty. I felt let down and wished I would have chosen another restaurant along the road.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Ryan’s has gone downhill from what it used to be. We used to love eating here. Food used to be great, hot and variety. Now it’s a far cry from what it used to be. Minimal selection, food was cold, they had NO butter. No regular and no honey butter for buscuits, potatoes or anything. Any smart manager would at least go to Walmart and get some butter if the truck didn’t come in like i was told.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

From the time we stepped in the door and got in line, we were treated with respect and received a warm welcome. Prices are fair and the food temps are monitored and the food was always fresh and hot. The wait staff were all very helpful and we were treated as their guests. Plenty of choices of food. They have a good full salad bar and plenty of desserts including ice cream

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I love Ryan's because of the vast variety of food available and that you even get steak cooked to your request. lots of everything, including desserts. really good chicken, both baked and deep fried.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The lunch buffet is very inexpensive and if you time it right you can have some dinner choices too. GOOD FOOD