“A Wonderful Time in West Virginia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunmore
Chestnut Ridge Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Dunmore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Chestnut Ridge Country Inn is a wonderful B&B tucked away in the small community of Dunmore in West Virginia but very close to larger towns and many activities such as Cass & Durbin Railways, Bear Town, the Greenbrier River Trail, Snowshoe Resort, and Greenbank Observatory. Larry and Paula were excellent hosts. The breakfast is outstanding and very filling. Paula is a wonderful cook. Both Paula and Larry were very knowledgeable about the area and its history. The rooms were large, clean, and well equipped. We hope to return there next year and hopefully will be able to enjoy some of Paula's soup that I read about. This was a very enjoyable stay with good talk, good food, and an all together good time. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2015

Chestnut Ridge was a wonderful place to come "home" to after a day of riding our motorcycle through the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Larry and Paula are great hosts and made us feel right at home. Looking forward to returning in the near future

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2015

Paula and Larry are very accommodating. We were in the area for an event and they were so great to work around our schedule. Early morning coffee and a couple of dinners! 2nd visit, we will be back!!!

Room Tip: We have stayed in both of the main floor bedrooms. Both are lovely and feel private.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2015

We decided to stay here as we made last minute plans to go skiing at nearby Showshoe. Must say that we found this place to be an excellent choice as compared to the over-pricey accommodations at the hill. Both Larry and Paula are excellent hosts and we loved their new addition "Bear" as part of the overall experience. We were travelling with our teenage daughter and the upstairs suite worked wonderfully. Overall, we will definitely be coming back and recommend Chestnut Ridge highly.

Room Tip: Call in advance to have help selecting a room
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2014

Larry and Paula Garretson welcomed me to their restored farm house in a Pastoral setting while attending and competing in the West Virginia Road Kill Cook Off. In spite of being busy all week with the preparations for the cook off. Larry welcomed me and allowed me to check in early. Even though this was my first time to stay here, within minutes I felt like old friends. They both went out of their way to make sure my stay was comfortable and relaxing.

Larry provided a delightful gourmet breakfast allowing me an early departure to travel to Marlington for the Cook Off. This was my first time to compete in this event which has been featured on Andrew Zimmern's TV Show, "Bizarre Foods" and the Food Network.

My first evening I arrived and met some of their returning guests that find this Pocahontas County getaway to be one of their favorite places to stay. I look forward to staying there again when I can spend more time enjoying the beautiful fall colors and nearby attractions.

Larry and Paula are great examples of the friendly West Virginia hospitality that I have come to expect when traveling in this area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Been to Chestnut Ridge Country Inn? Share your experiences!