Quality Inn(Fairmont)
US$71
US$124
US$95
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan older propertythe air conditioningroom was cleannormal hotelreal plateshot breakfastpassed awayreal eggsfront desk clerkonly stayed one nightoutdoor poolneeded anythingwaffle makernight staywafflessausagesouth carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Building is outdated, however rooms and bathrooms have been updated somewhat. spacious and clean and right off the highway. It was nice to have a restaurant on site for dinner.
Breakfast was great with real plates, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage etc.
Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to make of the varying reviews until I stayed here, and I have decided that it was a case of getting what you pay for. This was an older property that we selected due to its' location on our travel route and the fact that it was pet friendly. Our medium sized king room was dated and showed some wear and tear. The room's configuration did not match the pictures on the website (which showed a loveseat), so I might suggest the hotel add some of their own. It had a full sized refrigerator, table, and two chairs so would work for longer stays. Although I initially felt the property was somewhat shabby (not sure where those updated rooms were), I quickly felt more at ease as I observed the cleanliness of the room. The towels were plentiful and the bed was comfortable with many pillows. I would have preferred that the blanket be double-sheeted, however. The staff was welcoming. There was an on site restaurant and bar, with decent but not great food. Still, it was nice not to have to get in the car again. We were the only customers which was a bit strange in terms of atmosphere. The breakfast was a better version of the typical Choice hotel fare because the scrambled eggs were real, and the sausage was not the preformed kind. It was also nice to eat from real plates, an advantage of a property with a real restaurant. The hotel was easy to access from Route 79, but as others have noted our GPS told us to turn left, when instead the driveway was a quick right, and then quick left, almost straight across from the exit. The sign was easy to see in the daylight, but might not be as apparent at night. Please note that there was a long, curvy, and steep driveway up to the property. If I passed through this way again, I would probably choose to pay more and stay at a more upscale property. However, if you had the right expectation this was a bargain, and definitely worth the price paid.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lkr15
Reviewed 27 February 2017

My wife and I had an unexpected stop over here and it was such a nice surprise. The rooms are updated, the staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very tasty! I did not expect this, as we didn't plan to stop here. So glad we had the chance to! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Dale M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion Fairmont. Your note was a pleasant surprise. I will certainly pass it on to the staff. It makes the work worthwhile to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again from the Clarion Fairmont.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is very warm and friendly. The rooms are updated and clean. Everything is so comfortable and nice. It is so close to the University to visit my daughter. I will be coming here over and over again. Thanks so much!

Room Tip: Stay here!!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Dale M, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion Fairmont. I will certainly pass your kind words on to our staff. We look forward to having you back with us at the Clarion Fairmont, as your daughter works toward her degree. Again, thank you

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

From check in to check out no problems! I drive a carhauler so not real fond of the driveway.... but my check in was very quick and pleasant. Dinner was great, even though it was almost closing time. Room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Older furniture but nice, new carpet, tile, bed and flat screen. Friendly check out. I'll definitely return if in the area again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank mike l

Thank you for staying at the Clarion Fairmont. We're certainly glad you had a great stay. We think of the furniture as making it a warm and friendly atmosphere in a cold metallic world. Look forward to having you with us again at the Clarion Fairmont.