“Wonderful food and atmosphere!!”
Review of The Livery

The Livery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Livery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: First and foremost, our family loves the town of Lewisburg; it's shops, people and rich history. Our family has been visiting Lewisburg since 2003 when we purchased Westwinds, a horse farm in western Virginia near Lake Moomaw. While we've enjoyed the several restaurants in town, we also felt the locals as well as tourists would welcome and support more restaurant options, and so far we've been right! Our family's first restaurant, Stella's, has been a hit since we opened in January, 2011. Stella's, named and inspired after our mom Alice Stella Hirt who passed away in 1985, is warm, welcoming and elegant, just like our mom was. Stella's has many feminine touches which were influenced by our mom and put into place by Tammy. Our newest restaurant, The Livery Tavern, on the other hand is a very masculine interpretation of a mid-1800's tavern, with an open beamed ceiling and a generous use of natural materials and earth tones both inside and out. The Livery has a full bar, privacy booth seating, outdoor patio seating and an extensive wine and port list. Our menu is a reflection of this same interpretation, with dishes including grilled venison, quail, lamb and local beef cuts like 2 inch bone-in rib eyes. The Livery is also fashioned with a unique military motif to honor our father Major General John B. Hirt USMC, who passed away in 2012. You'll find these military influences in our logo and other decorative treatments inside the restaurant.
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We booked this restaurant in order to surprise my husband with a dinner with some of our family. They seated us in a great corner table which gave us some privacy and time to just talk and enjoy one another's company. Our waitress was exceptional, fun and provided great service. The food was amazing!!! Wonderful cheese plate to start, 2 of us enjoyed the beet salad as a starter and my husband had some great oysters. Entrees included the beef short rib, chicken with mushroom risotto and grilled salmon. Very large portions, yet we all managed to clean up most of our plates!!! The wonderful finale was the dessert. We were each able to choose 3 desserts, which were served in mini portions. Goat cheese ice cream is my new FAVORITE dessert. The lemon tarts were pretty awesome as well! We had such a wonderful experience!!! The restaurant interior is elegantly rustic and comfortable. They also have a beautiful outdoor space. Everything about our evening was wonderful and we cannot wait to share this gem with more family and friends!!! Highly recommend a visit!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I was in the area for business, and drove past the Livery - it looked like a nice place, so I went it - glad I did... though I was alone, and dressed casually, it didn't seem to matter. I sat at the bar, ordered a beer from their great selection, and because I couldn't make up my mind on an entree - ordered 2 "small plates" - the surf and turf skewers, and the mussels. The steak was top quality - tender, and very flavorful and the shrimp were good, as well... the mussels and broth were delicious, as were the slices of baguette, which was lightly toasted and buttered. The service was friendly, and attentive.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate here this morning and were lucky to be among the first to sample their Sunday brunch menu. There weren't a lot of options but there seemed to be a little something for all tastes. I had the pork belly with sweet potato puree (amazing!) and my wife had pancakes, eggs, and tater tots! We also each enjoyed one of their brunch cocktails and they knocked our socks off! Believe me, they do NOT water these things down! The food was absolutely delicious, the wait staff was personable and fun, and the restaurant itself is beautiful! I cannot recommend The Livery enough... I would give them ten stars if I could! We've eaten at almost all of the restaurants in Lewisburg and would put this one squarely at the top of the list!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

This was our third visit (over approx 3 years) to The Livery which we found on one of our initial trips to the Greenbrier. Our first visit was incredible....our second a disaster (due to poor service and missing menu items)...so I was hard pressed to convince my husband to try it again. I am thrilled to report that the Livery appears to be back on its game! Our server was top notch....delightful, knowledgable and accomodating to our 10 year old son. The food was excellent (I dream about their Lobster Risotto appetizer) and the wine recommendation superb. Thank heavens this charming, character filled spot has refound it's grove. We will be back!

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Food a welcome find in a small town with uptown selection and quality. Chris a knowledgeable server and owner plays his own compositions in the bar area. Cheese tray, Caesar salad with crispy Brussels sprouts, and rib eye are great choices. What a find and worth another visit.

Been to The Livery? Share your experiences!