“Wonderful relaxing dinner”

Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Lewisburg
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We serve contemporary Southern cuisine, in a farm to table format. We believe that excellent food should taste excellent.
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent dinner. Appetizer of bacon wrapped dates with goat cheese was delicious. Grilled chicken Caesar salad and fried chicken dinners were so very good. They served cornbread in individual cast iron mini skillets. Service was excellent. Nice ambiance in a historic building. And great dessert choices if you still had room. Worth the visit and so glad we stopped.

1  Thank Vicki N

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

So glad we took the opportunity to visit this beautiful historic hotel for dinner. The chef focuses on locally sourced ingredients that are fresh and healthy. We enjoyed their special cornbread- a unique treat. Entrees were hot and delicious. Waitress was on top of each item and brought drink refills without being asked. Looking forward to going back again!

1  Thank JimSuds1
Reviewed 13 March 2017

On our way home from Roanoke, VA to Louisville, KY and on my brother-in-law's suggestion, we came to bug around Lewisburg. Hungry, we came upon the General Lewis Inn. Immediately engaging by ambiance and staff friendliness, we were seated for brunch. Christin helped us with thoughtful opinions as to her likes. My wife had eggs Benedict with homemade Hollindase sauce. Yum! I had the blueberry pancakes with pecan topping, maple syrup and whipped cream. Incredibly light, tasty pancakes full of flavor. But wait, there's more: Christin allowed us to order one crabcake on our whim and curiosity. Incredible taste with little filler but fresh green and red peppers, and succulent crabs. This came with creole remoulade on the side. My wife and I agreed that this was best crabcake we'd ever had....by far.
Great food, ambiance and service made this a memorable event and, absolutely, a place we will return to again.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Sparrow has worked with her staff and her chef is always willing to accommodate my need for gluten free options. They often even have gluten free dessert options like a chocolate pot or a gluten free chocolate chip cookie.

Guests can now eat on the patio. Am hoping that they will allow guests to eat in the garden patio behind the hotel. The bar serves fabulous drinks!

Reviewed 8 February 2017

I have been coming to the General Lewis for many years. Always looking forward to the fabulous food and service. Service could always be compared to that of the Greenbrier, but with that small town feel, touch and flare that you get. Service remains excellent, but I can say that the food may have suffered a bit in the change of ownership. By all means I am going to continue to go there, but time will tell.