US$93
Hotels.com
US$96
Heritage Inn(Martinsburg)
US$50
All reviewsindoor poolsmall dognice hotelbusiness tripin house restaurantoff the highwaythe past yearsfront desk staffenjoyable staynice roomample parkingeasy accesswest virginiaparking lotpetbrandondogs
Reviewed 25 November 2017

The reason I will never stay here again is due to the hotel forcing me into an unsettling confrontation with another guest. I called the front desk after dealing with twenty minutes of having a dog whine nearby. I was told they could not do anything unless I could tell them exactly which room the dog was in. Apparently, we were surrounded by rooms with pet owners. I walked out into the hallway and could not tell if it was the room next to ours or the room across the hall. The guest in the room next to ours stepped out into the hallway and I asked him if he could tell which room the whining dog was in. He said it was his dog and it had only whined because they went to the vending machine for a minute. I never spoke another word, but my jaw dropped open to the blatant lie told eye to eye. I had not connected this guest to the noise, but the whining began immediately after this guest checked into the room half an hour earlier. The whining was incessant and only stopped for one to two minutes at a time. At that point, this man took a menacing stance, attitude and tone towards me and told me that this was a pet friendly hotel so I would have to deal with it. I felt threatened and ran into my room. The situation was now escalated to the point we felt we could no longer stay in that room. When I informed the front desk, we were further shocked to have the hotel take defense of this other guest. The woman was so strongly defendant of the dog's right to make noise that she did not understand that I felt threatened. She told me that as they are a pet friendly hotel, these things happen and dogs will make noise. She made it clear that the hotel knowingly places regular guests in room adjacent to pet travelers and places the rights of the pets to make noise over the rights of the regular traveler to sleep and safety. After a frustrating conversation, she reluctantly moved us to another room on a floor that did not have pets. Feeling we should have been placed on a floor without pets to begin with, we were finally able to relax.
I lived in Martinsburg for 25 years and always thought this hotel touted itself as a conference center, but conferences and trainings are expensive and I cannot imagine businesses and organizations returning year after year to a hotel that puts their speakers, guests, employees and attendees in room adjacent to barking and whining dogs. Especially if the hotel is going to tell those businesses and organizations that the dog's right to make noise throughout the night is more important than the rights of their human guests to uninterrupted rest.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Imnotaduck
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hello,
We want to apologize for this situation. Our guidelines with pets are quiet, well behaved, and attended so we can accommodate other guests. We see that we fell short of this and we are very sorry. We will use this as a training lesson for our front desk.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Another great stay in Martinesburg.
We know the hotel in not the newest building in town, but the rooms are well laid out, there is a solid restaurant, it is very well located and best of all they continue to employee a first class team.

We enjoyed exceptional experiences with Robyn, at Check-in with Kalli, and in the restaurant for breakfast with Kacey.

We don't stay here often but we enjoy every time, and the staff continue to out do themselves.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob D
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hi Bob,
Thank you so much for staying with us here in Martinsburg. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you and we do have a great team. Thank you for the compliments and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed staying at this holiday inn. Clean and friendly receptionist. There is a bar and a restaurant in the hotel too so that you don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want to. Although, there is plenty to eat nearby.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi Joseph,
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg. We appreciate your feedback on our cleanliness, restaurant, and staff. We hope you will come stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Stopped off I-81 after rough day in NE traffic. Past a Days Inn one block before the H.I. but decided to go instead to H.Inn. Lobby is on the 3rd floor since building is on a hill. Anyway did not assume there was NO breakfast since all other stays have had that provided. So with tax and after senior discounts and all was still $150. Not pleased at all, since the services, location etc is only average

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melc388
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hi,
I do want to thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg. I do apologize for not giving you the correct or any information on breakfast. We do hope that you do come back to visit as we can offer a breakfast coupon or a breakfast voucher due to the disappointments of your stay. We thank you again for this information as it is a help for us to inform guests better.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Ok.. This was a "lets choose HI since other experiences have been sad." decision.
And wow was I Surprised. Is it Hilton or whatever? Nope it's Holiday Inn (not even Express so forget me flying an aircraft or saving a Nuke plant today)
Clean room comfortable bed... I Mean comfortable bed great nights sleep. And the breakfast buffet {$7.95 extra} kicked tail. Brandon seems to run the show in the restaurant circle beef hash, eggs to order, real bacon, real eggs... Not the microwave stuff or at least cooked properly.
Is it a buffet comparable (weekday) to say some Brunch buffet...? Nah but it beats the run of the mill breakfast at other places... And stomps out the "complimentary Continental Breakfast" (think continent Africa location Ethiopia) at some competitors...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hi Tacoma236,

Thank you for giving Holiday Inn Martinsburg a try while you were in the area. We are so glad that you were pleasantly surprised by your experience, and we appreciate you sharing your perspective. We will be sure to let Brandon know how much you enjoyed his customer service, and we hope to see you again.