All reviews room was clean the ac unit desk attendant would stay here again shampoo football
Reviewed 14 May 2018

An older property in a very central location. Our room had an extremely strong air freshener smell that was actually nauseating. Mattresses had apparently been replaced in some of the rooms and the old ones (about 4-5) were leaning up against the wall just outside our door throughout our stay. Other issues included a very noisy A/C unit and a toilet with a leaky flapper that made noise throughout the night. The bed was comfortable and may have been one of the newly replaced mattresses.

Our rooms had large windows that opened to a breezeway. To get any natural light into the room, you have to open the drapes and pretty much let everyone look in as they walk by. With the drapes closed, lighting is rather dim.

The adjacent coffee shop appears to have been closed. We stayed 2 nights for a WVU graduation, when most hotels were booked up so convenience and cost were factors. I probably would not stay there other than a night or two.

Room Tip: Make sure toilets work and AC is at a reasonable sound level.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We stayed at this location as out of town football fans, and had a great two night experience. The hotel was VERY clean, staff was helpful, and they were very accommodating in allowing us to add a rollaway. We also left a few items when we left, and the hotel was very helpful in working with us to get these back. They also had one o the better continental breakfasts that I can remember. Would definitely recommend staying here during a visit to Morgantown

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The room was clean, smelled as if it HAD been cleaned! The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and the shower worked great! The only thing I feel that takes away from the hotel is the abandoned restaurant in the front and the construction waste around the side, other than that I would and will stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this location for 2 nights during WVU Homecoming weekend. Obviously we knew that for $100.00 per night we weren't staying at the Ritz but I never imagined it would be as bad as it turned out to be. Stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite which was more like the swamp water inn. Room smelled so bad we had to spend $40.00 on air fresheners and candles. Carpet was so foul I refused to walk barefoot in the room and the chairs were worse than the floors. It looked as though someone had field dressed an animal in there prior to our stay. Management went on about their remodel while checking in but evidently that word has another meaning in his first language. I will never stay here again and I caution anyone else in doing so as my fear now is exposure to black mold or worse.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wvugirl2015
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Furniture was old and scratched. Bathroom shower was stained. It had been cracked and was repaired. TV channels don't include ABC or PBS and reception on several made viewing impossible. Best parts were the comfortable and firm king bed plus the Jacuzzi tub.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple